Oooooh, what does THIS button do?

Go down

Oooooh, what does THIS button do?

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:03 am

Amidst the sandy ground and the clumps of trees that you can find everywhere in Sandgem Town, among the smell of the salty air, the sweet tree sap and at certain times of the day, the beautiful smell of a home-cooked meal, you will find, nestled in the forested area, a beautiful tall and white building, which has all the tailing and expected majesty of a Pokémon Professor's Laboratory. The grounds around the lab are so well-kept you would expect the grass alone around this place is looked after by about seven people. The beautifully round shrubs and many a white pebble stone line entrance to this grand place. What lies inside, is something your heart desires most as a young trainer on a journey. Come inside and receive what's waiting for you...

Having walked with the sullen Barry all the way from Twinleaf, Dave looked up as it suddenly got brighter, the encroaching trees spreading away to be replaced with a wide, open town, which if he had to guess, would be Sandgem. Barry motioned for him to follow, and the two set off to the north of the town.

Walking along, Dave noticed a tall, white building up ahead, easily the most clinial-looking building in town. Well, except the Pokémon Centre, obviously. Soon, they were up the path to the main door. The two looked at each other, before Dave reached forward. "Well, here goes nothing..." he muttered, knocking on the door firmly.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oooooh, what does THIS button do?

Post by Insidious_Dreamer on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 pm

As Dave muttered his little sentence, and knocked on the door, he noticed the door open rather suddenly. An apprentice of the Great Professor Rowan was =a the door, standing all bright and tall.

"Why hello there! It's good to see you have come as you were asked to. But, guess what! I bet you can't guess. Nope... Nope... Oh fine! I'll tell you. Professor Rowan isn't here! That's right he's gone for a little morning walk down to Lake Verity to investigate some urgent report he received this morning. If you want to meet with him, it might be better that you go that way." Said the Assistant beaming from ear to ear.

Barry having heard that he'd traveled all the way from Twinleaf for nothing, got his spirit back and started yelling.

"You have got to be kidding me! I mean he asked us to come here in the email he wrote me yesterday and now he's not here when I am? Oh man, when I see him, I'm going to fine him $1,000,000! Right. I'm off then!"

And with a flash he was nowhere to be seen, but he had indeed headed directly back the way he had come. So Lake Verity must be in that direction.

~ Norigi ~ Male Bulbasaur ~ Level 5 ~
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Watching the hyperactive kid storm back the way they'd come, Dave found himself sweatdropping slightly. Turning back to the assistant, he figured he'd ask for more info.

"So, the Professor's at Lake Verity? As in, a lake? With water? Man, I wish I hadn't left my fishing rod back home..." He murmed the last part under his breath. "So, I'm assuming my... associate there is headed in the general direction, yes? Also, could you give me some info on the starter Pokémon available, please? I may as well use the extra time to decide which one to pick."
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 pm

"So, I'm assuming my... associate there is headed in the general direction, yes? Also, could you give me some info on the starter Pokémon available, please? I may as well use the extra time to decide which one to pick."

"Well, actually to be honest," said the Assistant, "I'm not too sure myself as the Professor generally changes who he has on him at most times. So I have no idea who he brought with him this morning. I wish I could be of more use. OH! That's right, you wanted to know the direction of the Lake, well yes it's back the same way that young man just raced off in. Its passed further East of Twinleaf Town. Hope that helps."

Dave decided that that would have to do for now and headed off the PokéMart for something a little special before he left town. With a full pack, he began his journey eastwards once again.

Proceed to Lake Verity. You may choose to skip Route 201 if you wish.

~ Norigi ~ Male Bulbasaur ~ Level 5 ~
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:30 pm

{OOC: Assuming I post here again? >.>}

Having triumphed over Barry and his Chimchar, Dave and Turtwig had followed the hotheaded trainer back to Prof. Rowan's lab.

"You were awesome back there, Turtwig! I just know you're gonna be super-strong. Hell, you ARE super-strong already! Nothing's gonna stand in our way, nothing at all!" gushed the excited lad, as the two reached the large building, before hearing signs of life inside, and stepped in.

"I sure hope Professor Rowan's here this time..." muttered Dave, as he and Turtwig tiptoed inside the lab.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Dave, walking in unannounced simply wasn't having the best of luck, as before he could move, something flashed, and before he or Turtwig could do anything, this being had them pinned against a wall, with a cannon slowly warming up in their face...

"Oh that's enough there- someone put that Magmortar back in its ball before it hurts someone... either way, some people ought to have common sense for someone that I've trusted a Pokémon to, he should know better than to enter someplace unannounced."

Dave is relieved as the Magmortar is returned into a PokéBall, but still feels somewhat silly as Professor Rowan looks him up and down, before grinning and picking him off of the ground.

"Well then, Dave is it? What brings you to my lab? and unannounced as well?"

firewater
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Dave sweatdropped slightly. That was a realllllllll close call. Furthermore, he felt somewhat stupid for just walking in without notice. Glancing down at his feet, he saw Turtwig also looked embarrased, though this was likely due to being associated with an idiotic guy such as himself.

"Hey Professor. Sorry about that. I figured that since Barry raced on ahead, you'd probably be expecting me." The Pastoria native said, scratching the back of his head. "I apologise for my rudeness, it won't happen again."

Looking around at the pristine building, Dave felt a nudging at his ankle, where Turtwig was nodding toward the Prof. "Oh yeah, I've been taking care of the Turtwig you left with me. I think we make a really good team, so if you need anyone to look after him on a more long-term basis, I wouldn't mind volunteering."

Turtwig facepalmed. Or as near as a tortoise can come to it. Clearly this guy needed some confidence...
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Professor Birch listens intently as he stares at Dave...

and grins slightly as he begins to speak.

"Well then, it seems as though my Turtwig has a new trainer, however embarrassed he may be. However, there is something that you should know, and that is I do need some help with my research projects. You see, I have a device here called the PokéDex, it's very important and vital to any good trainer. It collects data on every Pokémon that you see. The thing is that being so busy, I have no time to collect the data, and thus, in return for me giving Turtwig to you, I would like for you to collect this data for me with a PokéDex of your own. What do you say?"

Professor Birch grins as he finishes his offer... but what will Dave do now?

firewater
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:43 pm

{OOC: Professor Rowan* >.>}

Dave's heart leapt at the Professor's words. He could keep Turtwig? And go off to catch other Pokémon while doing research? His joy was evident on his face.

"R-really? You'd let me do that? That's too awesome for words! Thank you, Professor!" Remembering the third party in this discussion, Dave knelt down beside the Grass-type.

"So Turtwig, what do you think? Wanna come along with me for a bit?" Dave grinned as the chelonian jumped into his arms, knocking him back with an inadvertant Tackle attack! Laughing slight, Dave remembered himself, and stood up, holding Turtwig in his arms.

"Er, well, yes! That sound amazing, Professor! What exactly would you like me to do? Just say the word!"
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 pm

OOC: ...wow...

Professor Rowan was pleased with the enthusiasm shown by Dave, but as he grins, he simply points to a large poster with all Pokémon in existence found.

"What I want you to do, is use that PokéDex to find them all. It doesn't matter to me if you catch them or not, just collect their data in this PokéDex. At any rate, I'm glad to see that you will be somewhat dependable for this, but as a gift for when you go, here are a few PokéBalls....

Dave looks on expectantly... and sighs as the professor sweat-drops and grumbles embarrassed before turning back to the young trainer.

"Hmm, it seems as though I've left my extra PokéBalls with my assistant. So at any rate I can at least give you the money that all beginning trainers get, you'll have to find her on Route 202 to get your complementary PokéBalls. But at any rate, I wish you the best of luck and godspeed."

After shaking Dave's hand, Professor Rowan points him out the door, and onto the road that would take him to Route 202....

Dave Recieves 2000 PokéDollars!
Proceed to Route 202 if you wish

firewater
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down