Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting up with Barry

2 posters

Go down

Meeting up with Barry Empty Meeting up with Barry

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Dezmond shuffled his feet as he entered Twinleaf Town. He decided to keep Light out of her Pokéball for awhile. Light seemed to enjoy it as she looked at Dezmond and smiled. Dezmond quickly searched the small town for his friend Barry, and found him standing outside of his house with his mom. "Hey Barry!"

"Dezmond! Finally! I thought you would never come."

"I sorta got caught up on something walking here..."

Dezmond looked at Barry's house. It was a nice, two story house. Dezmond thought Twinleaf Town would be a nicer, quieter town to live at than Jubilife City.

"So mom," Barry began "This is my friend Dezmond. He was the person i was telling you about." Barry's mom smiled at Dezmond. "Hi there" Dezmond replied. Dezmond then began looking around nervously. "Uuuh, Barry? Do you mind if i use your bathroom quickly?"
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Meeting up with Barry Empty Re: Meeting up with Barry

Post by DTG6407 Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:00 pm

"Sure, but first you gotta beat me in a Pokebattle!" Barry said, instantly challenging the newbie trainer.

"You can't be serious." Dezmond replied. "How about we have a battle after I go to the bathroom?"

"No way! I'm not letting you out of my sight until we battle. Those Starly were chumps, I wanna face a REAL opponent!" Barry snapped. He reached around to the back of his belt and took out his one PokéBall, smashing it against the ground by his side to reveal quite the familiar sight: A Chimchar, albiet a male instead of a female like Light. In the background a lone Pichu emerged from behind some bushes apparently obsessed with following it's saviour, Light, and her trainer. The sketchy little electric mouse stealthily made it's way further into the town, hiding behind whatever it could find in order to remain hidden from the prying eyes of the townspeople. It soon took refuge behind a large house just off to the side of where the following Pokémon battle was about to take place.

"Ooh, are you boys going to battle?" Barry's mom asked.

"You bet! Check this out, mom. Chimchar! Take down that doppelganger with a couple of Scratches!" Barry said, ordering his Chimchar forward as he pointed at the intended target: Light.

As Barry's Chimchar was rushing forward, claws extended ready to Scratch the face off of his opponent Dezmond had only a handful of seconds to react.

The clock is ticking.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:44 pm

"Quick! Dodge the attack, and follow up with a Scratch of your own!
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:15 pm

As Barry's Chimchar rushed forward preparing to Scratch Light across the face, Light waited for him to get close enough before swiftly sidestepping as her opponent's claws came at her. The long, sharp nails grazed the front of Light's face, frightening her a bit but other than that she remained unharmed as she two extended her claws while bringing her arm high above Chimchar's face. She grinned evilly as she noticed Chimchar's expression when he saw Light's raised claws. She quickly brought them down upon his face, viciously Scratching him and dealing some good damage while 'causing the monkey to cry out in pain. The lone Pichu hiding behind a nearby house cheered quietly to itself, raising one of it's tiny hands in the air in a fist pump. Though the Pichu's celebration was soon cut short as Barry's Chimchar quickly recovered and went at Light again with his claws extended once more. This time Light was unprepared for the Scratch that befell her face, and so she ended up crying out in pain just as Chimchar had a few minutes ago as Chimchar's nails dug into her flesh.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 pm

"Alright, Light, our turn! Use Leer, then follow up with a Headbutt!
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 pm

"Don't take that Leer, Chimchar!" Barry said, pointing his finger out at his opponent. "Headbutt it right back to dodge that Leer then Scratch it's face off!"

With both 'mon being in relatively the same condition Dezmond opened the next round with Barry following suit with his counter orders, which look like they'll counter Dezmond's opening moves rather well. Chimchar rushes forward once again with it's head ducked towards the ground, ready to Headbutt Light for some good damage while Light herself shot off a Leer to try and unnerve her opponent out of attack. However, just like in her battle with the Starly, Light's Leer met the top of her opponents head and was thus unsuccessful. Just like before, Light was rammed hard in the stomach and sent reeling back in pain while having the wind knocked out of her. Without even giving her a chance to react Chimchar then quickly Scratched his opponent harshly across the face 'causing Light to cry out in pain, just like before. Now back to her feet Light lowered her head and charged into Chimchar just as he had to her, Headbutting him right back in the stomach.

Getting the edge on his opponent this time Barry cheered while the Pichu behind the house let it's expression sag in depression from seeing it's hero lose. "Haha, alright Chimchar! 'Atta boy! Keep Scratching that pretty face of hers, then Growl at her to ruin her mindet as well."
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:17 pm

"Alright, Light, here we go! Dodge the Scratch then go for a Tackle! When it goes for the Growl, Headbutt it to interrupt the attack!
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Chimchar once again rushed into battle with it's claws extended and it's hand raised high in the air ready for another Scratch, however Light decided that she wanted none of this and so she promptly sidestepped his attack once again. Instead of just simply dodging this time though Light capitalized on the opportunity that was presented by diving towards and Tackle-ing Barry's Chimchar to the ground. Grunting in pain Barry's Chimchar Growled violently as a sign that it was getting pretty pissed off. This resulted in Light getting off of Chimchar rather quickly and backing off, deciding against it's trainer's Headbutt order out of sheer fear.

As Chimchar got to his feet it was clear that this battle was beginning to wind down and come to a close as both Light and said Chimchar were beginning to look fatigued and beaten, with both 'mon being relatively even for health with Chimchar being a tad more fatigued than Light.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Alright, Light, let's try to finish this stuff off! Use Scratch, then follow up with a Leer and finally end it with a [b]Headbutt[b]!"
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 pm

"Oh no you don't!" Barry called out, "We're not going down that easily! Headbutt to outmaneuver that Scratch, then retaliate with a Headbutt. Headbutt it again afterwards too!"

Light decides to begin this round as her trainer orders rather aggressively, attempting to maximize damage and end this battle right here and now. However, Barry doesn't appear to like the idea of going down this early in the battle and attempts to reverse Dezmond's plan back on him with some strategic orders. As such, Light rushes forward with a Scratch while Chimchar opts for a Headbutt which rocks Light in the stomach making her attack fail while sending her flying backwards in pain. Getting up, Light looks rather beaten and pissed as she fires off a Leer towards her opponent which unfortunately lands before Chimchar lowers his head for his own Headbutt. As Chimchar stands there completely frozen in fear while Light rushes ahead with her head lowered, stealing her opponents idea and ramming her head right into his stomach with similiar results to what happened with her. As the round ends, both 'mon appear to be fairly beaten and even on health still.

"Hang in there, Chimchar! Leer it down then ram it with a Headbutt and finish it off with a Scratch!"
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:10 pm

"Light, Use Headbutt to deflect the Leer off and attacking it. Then Dodge the Headbutt and try to finish it off with a Scratch!
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Dezmond appeared to be learning from his own mistakes as well as from his opponent as he ordered a much smarter set of attacks.

"Light, Use Headbutt to deflect the Leer off and attacking it. Then Dodge the Headbutt and try to finish it off with a Scratch!"

And so it began with the exhausted Light rushing towards her opponent with her head down ready for another Headbutt. The fire monkey scowled, rather disliking the fact it had to keep smashing it's head into things. Nevertheless it obeyed it's trainer like the good little Pokémon it is as Chimchar shot a deathly Leer that simply bounced off the top of Light's noggin' as she rammed her skull into his stomach blasting him backwards and 'causing some severe pain. As Chimchar landed painfully on it's back the lone Pichu in the background was practically on the edge of it's imaginary seat as it watched Barry's Chimchar struggle to get up after receiving a hard shot to the stomach once again. The Pichu leaped into the air with a cheer as it watched the monkey struggle with all it's might before falling to the ground, unconscious. It disappeared back into the tall grasses outside of town as it watched the battle come to and end, quite happy with the results.

Level up for Light! Light is now level 7 and has learned the move Ember.

"Awh, damn!" Barry cursed, taking out his Chimchar's PokéBall and aiming it at the downed Pokémon before clicking the middle button to return it. "You did a great job Chimchar, I'm proud of you. We'll get 'em next time." Barry assured the unconscious Pokémon. "We're just gonna have to train hard! Then we'll never lose! Come on, let's go buddy!" Barry finished as the red laser that had erupted from the ball struck the defeated Chimchar turning it into a red-like substance before being reabsorbed back into the metallic red and white orb.

Barry quickly rushed off without even saying goodbye to his mom or Dezmond, obviously eager to start his training.

"Oh, that son of mine always rushing off like that. He can be so irresponsible sometimes." Barry's mom said walking over to Dezmond with a potion in her hand.

She opened the Potion and administered it to the battered Pokémon sitting out on the field. Within seconds Light looked rejuvenated and ready for some more battling as she opened her mouth and sprayed some Embers from it straight up into the air, trying out her new fire-type attack.

"Don't worry about paying me back. I'm still his mom and as such I'm responsible for my sons actions. You should probably get going, weren't you two supposed to go to Sandgem Town and meet with Professor Rowan?"

You may now proceed directly to Sandgem Town.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down