Straight outta Jubilife

Go down

Straight outta Jubilife

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:53 pm

You step out of the city and make your way westwards for the Oreburgh Gate. First though, you will have to travel a bit to get there. But who wouldn't want to do so when today is such a beautiful day for a stroll! You can see the mountains ahead of you, the lake off to one side and a few people outside who are enjoying the beautiful weather as much as you are. I wonder what developments are in store for you! There is only one way to find out.

Almost as soon as you make the decision to head in this direction, a young man walks towards you, holding his head high and wearing a red beret with the colour and design of a PokéBall on the back. His blue jacket and black pants make him look professional. He greets you.

"Hello there. I am Lucas, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have come here all the way from Snowpoint City, looking for a challenge and haven't met one yet. Are you willing to fight me?"

He seems like an alright fellow, so what is the harm in having a little battle? His team is as follows:
Turtwig Lv. 9
Starly Lv. 7

You won't be able to progress further without winning this fight. Post a new thread here to begin the fight.

Dave took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air as he stepped out onto Route 203. Jubilife was a clean city, though it was nice to be out in the wilds. His shiny new Pokétch gleamed blue in the sunlight, displaying the time, always a feature Dave liked to have at hand. As he headed on down the route, Pix still in his arms, Dave could see some more trainers ahead. Time to take a quick breather. he thought.

The trainer turned to a nearby tree, putting his Cleffa at the base of it, before fumbling for a PokéBall. Enlarging it, he tossed it into the air. "Zena, come on out!" he called. Sure enough, a flash of light later, and the little Shinx was sat on the ground, stretching out after being inactive for a while. Dave kneeled down, giving her a pat on the head as he rummaged in his backpack. "Hey girl! Sorry not to have you out for a while. You were so brave, going up against that Houndoom like that, that I figure you should have a reward." At this, he produced the shiny disc he'd won at the Trainer's School.

"This is a TM. It teaches the move Hidden Power. Now, I know you're strong, but you don't exactly have a lot of attacks at the moment. This should help fix that, whatcha say?" Zena seemd to purr at the suggestion, her eyes bright as she stared at the disc. "Hehe, thought you'd like that. Now then..." Dave muttered, getting out his PokéDex and inserting the disc. After a second, a multicoloured beam emerged, running over Zena's body. Oh yeah! I forgot that Hidden Power's type depends on the user! thought Dave, wondering what type Zena's would be.

While that was going on, he also managed to find a small wrapper, which he extracted from the pack. Now, he turned to Pix, who was eyeing the object curiously. "Right, little guy. You need some boosting up. This is a Rare Candy. It's packed full of energy, and if you eat it, you'll gain a whole extra level, just as if you'd battled. Sounds good, right?" he said, unwrapping it. The Cleffa stared at the treat, before nodding vigorously. Dave chuckled. "Awesome stuff! Here ya go, little man. Eat up!" he said, popping the Candy into Pix' mouth.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Straight outta Jubilife

Post by DTG6407 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:15 pm

As Dave stepped out of Jubilife onto the fresh new Route 203 it was apparent that he had a few things to do before he went any further. He had a new TM just waiting to be taught to one of his new 'mon, plus a Rare Candy that he could be using to up the strength of one more Pokémon of his choice. Plus, he had a brand new Poketch that gleamed in the sun as it recorded the time of day.

The first thing Dave decided to do was use his TM on Zena, his female Shinx. As she didn't have a lot of attacks at the moment this was a pretty intelligent choice to make. As Dave slid the TM disc into his PokéDex a multicolored beam of light shone of out the top of the device. The colors all represented the possible types that Hidden Power could become. As Dave kept scanning the light over Zena the colors of the beam steadily began to disappear as the other lights seemed to consume them. Eventually the results were narrowed down to two different colors. Within a few more moments one of the colors overtook the last remaining one, making the entire beam a Buggish green color.

With the TM finished being used the disc ejected itself from the PokéDex. The back of the disc was completely black and probably unusable now because of it, though that was no surprise as any trainer worth their weight knew that TM's were only one-use items anyhow. Dave then proceeded to take out his only Rare Candy and feed it to his baby Pix whom gleamed with happiness as it went up a level thanks to the special properties of the magical treat.

Pix has leveled up!

As Pix finished eating her candy a man wearing a red beret with a PokéBall logo on the back approached Dave while holding his head.

"Hello there. I am Lucas, it is a pleasure to meet you," The man named Lucas introduced, "I have come here all the way from Snowpoint City, looking for a challenge and haven't met one yet. Are you willing to fight me?"

What will Dave do?
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Dave noted the green glow, before scanning his Shinx with his PokéDex, putting the corrupted disc back in his bag. "Huh... so your Hidden Power is of the Bug-type. Cool stuff." he muttered. "We'll try that nifty move out in battle sometime, alright lass?" he asked. Zena mewed in agreement, before Dave recalled her back to her PokéBall. Swinging his pack back on, and picking the newly-levelled-up Pix off the ground, he set off down the route.

He didn't have to go far, though. A rather suave-looking fellow stopped him a few yards on, wearing a berét and a neat-looking scarf.

"Hello there. I am Lucas, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have come here all the way from Snowpoint City, looking for a challenge and haven't met one yet. Are you willing to fight me?"

"Uh, hey! Nice to meet you too! My name's Dave, from Pastoria. If you're looking for a battle, then I'll be up for it." the trainer replied, rather excited at getting a battle first off. "So, any number of Pokémon per side, at all?" he asked, wondering what this mysterious 'Lucas' wanted in a battle.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:38 am

"Hello there, Dave. I'm glad your willing to battle me," Lucas replied, "Two Pokémon per side will be satisfactory for me. If you don't have two Pokémon at this point then I'm afraid you won't be much of a challenge," He warned while keeping his demeanor rather quiet and calm, "I like to use all the Pokémon I have with me when I battle. It helps because then I don't have to leave anyone out," He finished explaining while taking out one of his PokéBalls and throwing it at the ground beside his feet.

A bright flash of light and a red laser beam later there was a Starly by Lucas's side. Unlike most Starly who would probably chirp at the sight of it's trainer or other this Starly remained quiet at Lucas's side as it's trainer knelt down and brushed the top of it's head. It looked confident and strong in comparison to others Dave may have seen up to this point. He would have to choose carefully when deciding whom to send out first.

"I'd like you to meet my Starly," Lucas requested, "He'll be my first Pokémon in this battle. What about yours?" He asked, quite coolly and calmly still.

Who will Dave send out first?
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:37 am

"That's a very interesting sentiment, Lucas." Dave replied. "I hate leaving my Pokémon out of battle myself. I actually have five, so don't think I'm strapped for options."

A few moments later, and Lucas revealed a Starly. This one didn't look like the others Dave had battled so far though, this one was a lot more collected. Probably stronger too. Dave mused. While Pix had a history with the species, Dave would need someone strong and agile enough to take the bird on, espeically with his aerial maneuvers.

Smiling, Dave grabbed a PokéBall from his belt, before throwing it forward. "Ninjia, heads up!" he called. A flash of light later, and the grinning primate appeared between the two trainers, sat on her tail-hand. "I'll go with my Aipom. Her natural agility should give me a hand against that Flying-type of yours." Dave said, explaining his choice, before thinking up some orders.

"Alright Ninjia, Sand-attack! Then go for a Scratch!" he called out, wondering what Lucas would order in response.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:57 am

Choosing to go with a 'mon who was naturally faster and more agile Dave released his Aipom in hopes that she would be able to help out against the Flying-type Lucas had revealed.

"Dodge that Sand Attack by flying upwards, then dive bomb it with a Quick Attack." Lucas ordered, rather calmly.

And so Ninjia the Aipom burst forward by use of her tail before settling down on the ground and kicking up a Sand Attack. Lucas's Starly certainly didn't want a face full of sand and thus he quickly dived under the wave that Ninjia threw forward before arcing upwards and into the sky. He sailed through the air gracefully not bothering to look down at his opponent whom was standing around a bit confused on how she was going to Scratch the Starly when he was so high up in the air. Then, in a flash the Starly curved and divebombed towards Ninjia in a Quick Attack that was so fast that neither trainer could even follow the path that Starly took. One second he was up high in the air then the next he was crashing into Ninjia and sending her sprawling out on the ground in pain. The Starly continued it's flight path and returned to it's initial position a few meters in front of it's trainer, it's head cocked slightly as it landed, clearly quite proud of itself.

Ninjia took a relatively good hit from that Quick Attack and neglected to inflict any sort of damage or status upon Starly. She was going to need to step her game up in order to defeat this much more experienced foe.

"Spectacular, Starly," Lucas praised, a bit of enthusiasm now creeping into his voice, "Quick Attack it again, then fly high in the air and dive bomb it with a Tackle this time."
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Dave pondered how a Starly was able to dodge a Sand-attack by diving under it, but shook it off. Right now he needed some order-exploiting done.

"Not so fast! Ninjia, bring your tail-hand in front of you, and catch that Starly like it's a baseball! Hold onto him while you Scratch him with your paws, don't let him fly away!" he called. Well, an Aipom's tail-hand looked like a baseball glove. This could work.

Or fail miserably.

Only one way to find out, though.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:47 pm

"Oh dear," Lucas said, noticing his opponents cleverly thought out counter-orders.

Starly instantly rushed off in a lighting fast Quick Attack, leaving Ninjia with barely enough time to raise her baseball-like tail-hand up in front of her face in time to catch the tiny little bird. The Starly smashed into Ninjia's tail dealing some damage to her as he did but also getting caught in the large hand of the purple-haired monkey whom grinned devilishly as her tail-hand recoiled backwards as she caught him. Trapped in the Aipom's firm grasp Starly found itself panicking a bit as he saw no way to free himself and fly upwards for his intended Tackle attack. Instead he found himself quite trapped in Ninjia's grip as she brought up one of her normal hands and extended her claws for a vicious Scratch attack across the face of the helpless bird.

Ninjia managed to even up the difference in health quite a bit this round, though she still remains below Starly by a noticeable bit. Both 'mon are relatively okay for energy as neither is doing anything too strenuous as of yet.
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Dave grinned as his plan managed to work, miraculously. Ninjia had the Starly right in her grasp. Now he had to think of some way to hurt it without it getting away easily.

"Great job, lass! Now Scratch again, but make sure to hold him tight! Then use Tail Whip to bash him into the ground!" he ordered. Hopefully his Aipom would be able to comply, she seemed to have a fairly good hold on the Starly.

Though he had the feeling that this would all go belly-up soon enough.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm

"Hmm," Lucas hummed, thinking as fast as he could to get himself out of this predicament, "Let it Scratch you, then Growl at it to loosen it's grip. Fly off afterward and come in for another Quick Attack," He finally ordered, feeling a bit unsure of how exactly this would work out. His plan rested on the hopes that Ninjia would fear the tiny birds Growl or not.

So it began with Ninjia bringing the trapped Starly up to her face again, grinning a bit as it continued to struggle inside the monkey's grip. She viciously swatted at the birds face with a Scratch attack that left Starly feeling rather beat up. It let out a fierce Growl as Ninjia's claws dug into his feathers, 'causing the monkey to choke a bit as it went to Whip him into the ground with her Tail. She found herself whipping nothing but the ground as the Starly managed to squirm it's way out of her grasp and fly off towards it's trainer before curving around behind him. Lucas grinned as he spun to follow his 'mon's flight path. As the bird came back around to face his opponent he quickly straightened out his wings and folded them into his body to increase his speed to EPIC proportions as he flew towards Ninjia for a Quick Attack. He ended up smashing harshly into Ninjia and sending her recoiling backwards a bit as the lightning fast bird drilled into her face with his beak before flying off away from her shortly after.

"Well done, my friend," Lucas commented solemnly before ordering, "Now let's try this again. Fly up into the air and dive bomb towards your foe with a Tackle. If it brings it's tail up to block you, then Growl at it to loosen it's resolve."

Ninjia gave Starly a good beating this round, gaining a small health lead while expending very little energy whereas her opponent is feeling a bit winded and beginning to tire.
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Dave grinned as Ninjia managed to get a good hit in. Starly managed to break free, but that didn't reall matter. He'd put Lucas on alert for that strategy, and his opponent already seemed to fall into his plan. Predicting that Ninjia would use the catch technique again. This was just asking to be exploited...

"Ninjia, you're doing great! Meet his Tackle with a Tail Whip, hopefully that'll put him off-course. Then just give him a Scratch for more pain!" he called out. He'd be sure not to give his opponent a chance to cause more havoc for his Pokémon.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Lucas had managed to gain a bit of momentum with the last round, but Ninjia was still clearly in the dominant position in this match so far. The little Starly reverted to some rather unoriginal attacks as per his trainers instructions and quickly shot off like a rocket towards Ninjia, intending to try and Tackle her to the ground. His plan didn't go quite as expected as Ninjia brought her tail up in preparation for the attack, planning to Whip the tiny bird into the ground with her Tail. Seeing her tail move, Starly quickly fired off a Growl that pierced the air. She wasn't very scared of the bird as she was much larger than it, and had just given it a good thrashing last round, but Ninjia's concentration was loosened a bit as the sound irritated her ears. On top of that the Starly appeared to be simply to fast and small an opponent for her to accurately strike down upon with her tail, and thus Ninjia ended up missing and whipping the ground while she was struck hard in the face by the tiny Starly's little body. The attack did some decent damage as the velocity at which Starly was travelling aided in applying more force behind the attack, but Ninjia was easily able to shake it off and swipe down across the plummage of the bird with another Scratch that made it cry out in pain as the round ended.

While both 'mon are beginning to get quite low on health Ninjia managed to maintain her small health lead and expend less energy than Starly in the process. Starly's breathing is now beginning to become noticeable.
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Dave seemed to be pondering his next move. Ninjia seemed to be getting some good hits in, staying above her foe in both health and energy. There had to be some way to put the Starly under, some way to catch it off guard...

The trainer looked up, before calling out to the Aipom. "Good stuff lass! Now then, kick up a Sand-attack to blind him, and Growl to give him the shivvers! Follow up with a Tail Whip into the ground, let's bring home a win!"

Dave crossed his fingers as Pix jumped about in his arms, hoping that this would pay off.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Lucas pondered for a moment. He was losing this battle so far. He didn't mind though, for still had his trusty Turtwig who was just waiting to get out and fight.

"Starly, Quick Attack to throw off your foes Sand Attack, then Bite it's tail after it growls at you." He called, hoping he could hang on just a bit longer and perhaps turn things around.

Ninjia turned around and began sweeping her tail at the ground to kick up a Sand Attack which Starly was able to easily burst through with a slowed Quick Attack. The damage wasn't all that good at all, but it was enough to throw off Ninjia's attack and continue her orders with a fierce Growl, cocking her head over her shoulders and snarling at the tiny bird whom backed down quite a bit as it landed near her tail.

Quite exhausted still, Starly goes in for a Bite attack on the Aipom's tail but it soon Tail Whipped in the face by the large palm shaped appendage that crushes him into the ground for some good damage. Starly manages to survive the attack, but just barely. Clearly quite out of it and pretty much done for.

Spotting his Pokémon's defeated state, Lucas decides against following through with the next round and allowing his Pokémon to be battered by the Aipom.

"You did great Starly, I'm proud of you. You got to lose to know how to win, I suppose. Return." Lucas called, pointing his Starly's PokéBall out towards the field and clicking the middle button.

Level up for Ninjia!

The all familiar red laser sucked the 'mon back up into it's ball before Lucas reached for his belt and pulled out another PokéBall. He threw it out onto the field after enlarging it, and as the ball split open around the middle a bright flash of light appeared before quickly fading and revealing a pretty familiar face. A Turtwig.

"Go, Turtwig!" Lucas called, excitement flooding into his veins, "Quickly Tackle that Aipom to the ground, then Bite it. If your Tackle fails, then Withdraw to protect yourself."
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Dave grinned as the Starly was recalled, Ninjia having won out this round. "All right, great job, Ninjia! You're looking awesome!" he called out, Pix cheering within his arms. The Aipom grinned, claiming victory by default, before a familiar form took to the battleground. Dave smiled as the Turtwig appeared, ready for battle. Ninjia was battered, but not down yet.

"Hey Lucas, You've got good taste there! But don't think Ninjia's down just yet!" he called, before thinking up some orders. "Right then lassy, let's keep this up! Sand-attack as it comes in, then Tail Whip to smack him away!"

Dave had a plan... Ninjia just had to hold on a little while...
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 pm

(OOC: I feel like I'm leaving something out in this update... Maybe I'm just paranoid.)

So the battle continues as Dave decides to squeeze the most out of his Aipom as he can, neglecting to recall it in lou of a fresh 'mon against Lucas's new 'mon.

Being fairly fresher than his opponent Turtwig rushes out of the gate to Tackle Ninjia with a fierce amount of force. She sees this and instantly reacts with a Sand Attack, a bit slower than usual however as she is barely able to get the attack off before she is thrown aside by the charging turtle. Regaining her posture Ninjia finds herself pretty beaten up and sore as she spots the Turtwig rushing in for another attack, this time his power snapping-turtle like jaws opened for a nice Bite attack. Ninjia reacts as fast as possible, Whipping her Tail out at her foe with a vicious crack that manages to hit Turtwig for some nice damage before he clamps down hard on her tail. He takes a few moments to really grind down on it and as he does Ninjia finds herself getting a bit dizzy from the amount of pain being inflicted. She finds herself blacking out and falling over, unconscious on the ground as Turtwig releases her tail from his mouth and backs off towards his trainer sheepishly.

"Looks like your Aipom is out, Dave. That things pretty impressive. Let's keep this rolling though. It's getting pretty exciting, isn't it?" Lucas commented, smirking despite the fact that he is actually at a disadvantage still.
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:03 pm

{OOC: You coulda left out Ninjia fainting, I was gonna recall her this round ;-;}

Dave sighed, before pulling out Ninjia's PokéBall, recalling the Aipom. "Great job, lass. You have a good long rest, now. I'm proud of you." he said, smiling, before re-attatching the device to his belt.

The trainer now looked back up. The Turtwig was relatively fresh, and seemed to be pretty powerful. He could send out A'Tuin, but he'd had quite a lot of experience, not to mention the battle would get pretty boring. And confusing. Gnawty relied on physcial hits, and Dave knew from experience that that particular battling style was less than effective on a creature with a sturdy shell. The same was true of Pix, as well as Ninjia, though she was out of commission for the time being. This left just one option.

"Zena, stand ready!" Dave called, throwing his chosen PokéBall forward. In a flash, the Shinx appeard, yawning and stretching out, swishing her tail a bit. Dave knew that this was an unorthodox choice, but Zena's lack of Electric-type moves rendered the point somewhat moot. The little lion cub looked around, seemingly confused with being out of her Ball so soon after her last appearance, before focusing on the opponent. She almost did a double-take, clearly thinking that this was her own comrade she was facing. She looked back at her trainer questioningly, causing Dave to chuckle as he held Pix in his arms.

"Hehe, don't worry Zena, that's not A'Tuin. Go ahead and take him down!" he said. The Shinx smirked, her fur bristling as she readied for battle. Dave grinned, thinking of some orders, while Pix resumed his cheering.

"Right then. Your ability should come into play at first, so capitalise on it by firing some of your new Hidden Power at him! Then get in close with a Tackle!" he called, waiting to see what Zena's new move looked like in action.
DaveTheFishGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm

(OOC: Updater fail, ftw.)

Lucas smiled, "You have a Turtwig too, I suppose?" He asked, "Alright then, Dodge it's Hidden Power my Turtwig, then meet it's Tackle with your own. Finish things off by Absorbing back the health you lose."

And so Zena kicked things off with her newly learned move, Hidden Power. She had a bit of difficulty with it at first which Turtwig would have easily been able to capitalize on, however the little turtle 'mon obeyed it's trainer and simply waited to dodge the attack. Zena charged up some good energy within her body before shooting it out at her foe in the form of some rather large bug-green orbs that exited her body from all directions. The orbs sparkled and shimmered in the sunlight as they expelled their own luminosity and glow before they all decided to quickly converge on one point: Turtwig. The tiny snapping turtle did it's best to hop backwards and out of the way of the attack as the orbs of energy were sent zooming at him and crashing into each other on the place where Turtwig had once been, exploding with energy and sending a bit of a shock wave out in all directions on the place on impact. Said shock wave managed to strike Turtwig despite his efforts, though he seemed to be able to shrug off the damage despite it's SOOPAH-EFFECTIVE capabilities.

A bit stunned and awed by the glorious looking attack she had just performed Zena quickly remembered her orders and began to rush off towards Turtwig in a vicious Tackle attack. Turtwig quickly noticed his opponent which promptly snapped him out of his own daze and allowed him to throw his weight right back at his opponent with his very own Tackle. Both 'mon met and crashed into each other rather painfully, causing some good damage for both sides. However Turtwig wasn't finished as he quickly regained his posture and began to Absorb some health and energy back from his opponent. Zena's eyes began to droop a bit as she felt the energy within her body leave her.

Lucas was still smiling even though his plan hadn't worked out quite like he wanted, "Good job, my friend," He called out, "Now Tackle it again, twice."

Zena took a bit of a beating this round and is overall lower on health than Turtwig. She is also beginning to breath a bit heavier, as that Hidden Power took quite a toll on her. That's not to say that Turtwig isn't feeling the pressure as well. He's quite a bit winded himself, but overall in better shape than his opponent.
DTG6407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum