Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new character enters the story

4 posters

Go down

Another new character enters the story Empty Another new character enters the story

Post by Salamencia Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:14 am

You finally got around the mishaps trying to get yourself a new partner Pokémon, managed to beat Barry, and now it's on to bigger and better things! You step into the grasses ahead, looking to try and get further north, and no sooner do you take that step you hear a mysterious voice. "Hey you! Yes, you there with the funny look on your face. I've got something to show you." she says. You look up, and see the girl who's wearing a pink mini-skirt, a small black dress over the top, followed by pink almost knee-high boots and the cutest white beanie you've seen in a while. She has an inviting face and you move to talk with her.

In order to proceed through Route 202 you must first deal with this girl. Who could she be? Post a new thread to begin.

OOC: The Dave replacement service has arrived. That is, I’m ready to start in the route he just finished in. Also, Chimchar is now male.

As he began to take his first steps into Route 202, Sal decided to bring out his new Pokédex to test it on Chimchar. He scanned him with it, and the Pokédex spoke, surprising Sal a little.

“Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon. The gas made in its belly burns from its rear end. The fire burns weakly when it feels sick.”

“Well, that’s a nice touch,” Sal said, examining the Pokédex a little more, determining his Chimchar’s level, nature, ability and learned moves. “Oh, so you know Ember now then?” he said, looking down to his partner. “We’ll have to test that move out at some point,” he continued, before heading north of Sandgem Town into Route 202. He stopped shortly after, however, as he suddenly realised something he had forgotten.

“Oh, I still haven’t named you, Chimchar,” he said, as he turned to the chimp. Chimchar looked up with a slightly confused expression on his face. “Hm… how about Goku? That ok with you?” he asked, and Chimchar thought for a bit, before nodding in agreement. “Ok then, Goku it is,” and with that, Sal and the newly christened Goku continued on to Route 202. As he started into the Route, however, he stopped once again. This time, however, it wasn’t because of his poor memory catching up with him. Someone was calling out to him, with a voice he didn’t recognise.

"Hey you! Yes, you there with the funny look on your face. I've got something to show you," the female voice said, and Sal turned to see a fairly young girl looking his way. This must be that assistant that Professor Rowan mentioned, but she’s younger than I thought she’d be, he thought, and remembered that Rowan had said she was carrying his extra Pokéballs. Sal resisted the temptation to make some kind of innuendo-based joke about balls, and instead walked up to her and introduced himself.

“Hi, I’m Sal. Are you Professor Rowan’s assistant, by any chance?” he asked, surprised by how much more confident around people he was right now.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Another new character enters the story Empty Re: Another new character enters the story

Post by firewater Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 pm

'Yes I am his assistant, and well, I'm supposed to show these new trainers how to catch a Pokémon, but that Chimchar of yours seems pretty capable. My name is Dawn, what's yours?"

Dawn responds before she releases a Kricketune, and begins to walk into the brush.

"The first thing to know kid, is that to find a Pokémon you have to go off the beaten path, so let's get a move on already.

As Dawn begins to push through the grass and bushes, Sal doesnt' have much time- what will he do now.

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Another new character enters the story Empty Re: Another new character enters the story

Post by Salamencia Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 pm

“Yes I am his assistant, and well, I'm supposed to show these new trainers how to catch a Pokémon, but that Chimchar of yours seems pretty capable,” the girl said, before introducing herself as Dawn. She then released a Kricketune from a Pokéball. Sal immediately pulled out his Pokédex to scan the unusual creature.

’Kricketune, the Cricket Pokémon, and the evolved form of Kricketot. By allowing its cry to resonate in the hollow of its belly, it produces a captivating sound.’

"The first thing to know kid, is that to find a Pokémon you have to go off the beaten path, so let's get a move on already,” Dawn continued, before heading into the tall grass nearby. Sal decided to follow, seeing as Rowan had already told him about her, and he let Goku onto his shoulder before walking behind Dawn into the bushes.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 pm

When Sal catches up to Dawn, he finds her Kricketune already battling a Shinx, and as the more experienced Kricketune slams Shinx into the ground painfully, a Oran Berry is tossed to the electric type before Dawn turns back to you.

"Well then Sal, that's pretty much how you catch a Pokémon, you've got to weaken it first before you can do anythi- Hey, what's that?"

Suddenly a blur creates a burst of dust, and as everyone turns, they notice a Gilgar grinning as it was sitting on its tail. Dawn goes for a PokéBall before she notices something.

"Hey, Sal- it seems like that Gilgar knows your or something, and even wants to battle- so what should you do?"

The Gilgar grins and nods its head, and you can see a few scratches on its wings, it's more than likely the one that you met earlier, and it's eager to fight... what will Sal do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Sal finally managed to catch up to Dawn, who was already battling a Shinx with the Kricketune he saw earlier. Once again, Sal reached for his Pokédex to learn about the new and unusual Pokémon.

Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. The extension and contraction of its muscles generates electricity. Its fur glows when it’s in trouble.

As the Pokédex finished speaking, Kricketune slammed into Shinx hard, knocking it down. Dawn then threw an Oran Berry towards it, before turning back to Sal.

"Well then Sal, that's pretty much how you catch a Pokémon, you've got to weaken it first before you can do anythi- Hey, what's that?" she said, cut off by a purple blur passing by the both of them. The blurred image brought a short gust of wind, carrying dust with it. Sal covered his eyes, and when the brief sandstorm ended, he turned to see what had caused it. The culprit was a Gligar, which Sal felt was vaguely familiar, as he was reminded of the one he met on Route 201. He flipped his Pokédex open once more to scan it, as he hadn’t had an opportunity before.

Gligar, the FlyScorpion Pokémon. It usually clings to cliffs. When it spots its prey, it spreads its wings and glides down to attack.

Sal then noticed a couple of light scratches on the Gligar’s wings as he looked closer at the Pokémon. He was almost convinced it was the same Gligar from before, which was confirmed when Dawn began to speak.

"Hey, Sal- it seems like that Gilgar knows your or something, and even wants to battle- so what should you do?"

“If this Gligar wants a battle, then a battle it is. Goku, get ready,” he said, turning to his Chimchar, who jumped down from Sal's shoulders, ready for a battle. “Give it an Ember, then get close with Scratch." As he gave those orders, another thought entered his head. “I don’t suppose you have any spare Pokéballs on you, Dawn?” he asked, suddenly remembering the reason he had looked for her in the first place.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:45 pm

{OOC: supwise. Guess who?}

"Oops, sorry Sal, I completely forgot about that. Kinda pointless you trying to catch that Gligar if you don't have any, eh?" Dawn says, sweatdropping a bit, before handing the trainer six PokéBalls. "But pay attention, look!"

Turning his attention back, Sal sees Goku shoot off a stream of Embers, which impact on Gligar's exoskeleton, causing him to cringe from the heat. But it seems that he's undeterred, firing some projectile Poison Sting barbs at the Chimchar. Now it's Goku's turn to wince as the barbs stab against his skin, though he manages to escape any poisoning. Determined for revenge, the Fire-type races forward, landing a Scratch on the Fly Scorp's abdomen, knocking him back. As the Ground-type is pushed back, he scoops his claw to the ground, causing a Sand Attack to shower over Goku, some dirt getting in his eyes and reducing his vision somewhat.

Both are still looking fine, with plenty of fight left in them.

The Gligar's tail glows purple, it seems his preparing more Poison Sting, but what will Sal order in reply?
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 pm

OOC: Yeah, thanks for this Dave. Funny how DTG got hired literally about 10 minutes after your reply though.

Sal put the new Pokéball into his backpack as Goku battled the Groundtype. The Gligar fought well,interesting Sal even more. However, thePoison Sting attack soon wiped the grin from his face. ’There’s something I should haveexpected. I need to try and avoid thatmove as much as possible,’ he said to himself, a little frightened for hisChimchar’s health. But, with the promiseof a Pokémon Centre nearby, he focused on the battle once more, as Chimcharawaited orders, and the Gligar prepared for another attack. Expecting another Poison Sting, Sal decidedto play cautiously.

“Goku, dodge that move, then give it another Ember!”

Last edited by Salamencia on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Gothired" isn't a word...)
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 pm

(OOC: Speaking of DTG. Hai guys.)

The Gligar hovered above the ground menacingly, charging it's tail with some Poison-type energy ready to infect the little fire monkey with a Poison Sting. As it fired off a barrages of pins and quills from it's tail Goku swiftly dodged it as per his trainer's orders. He bent so far backwards that his head almost touched the ground, think matrix-style, rebounding with his dominant hand as he sprung himself back forwards once the pins and quills had flown past him. Annoyed at it's failure the Gligar flew forward at it's opponent in a reckless Tackle before taking some fiery hot Embers that Goku had spewed from his mouth. The attack burned at Gligar's exoskeleton providing thorough damage and discomfort, however the unique flying/ground type remained vigilant in it's charge as it smashed harshly into Goku for some good damage, sending the monkey Pokémon reeling backwards.

After regaining their bearings the two Pokémon stood quite a distance apart, eying each other wearily as Goku clearly appeared to have come off as the victor in that round. He stood ready for his trainers orders, a bit of noticeable fatigue setting in that was not present with his opponent Gligar, however Gligar did appear to be in more pain than Goku.

What will Sal order Goku to do next?

(OOC: Sorry if it's not the most exciting update. I'm still getting into the swing of everything, so.)
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 am

(OOC: Firstly, 3 different people updated this thread within 4 replies. Wow. Secondly, I'm assuming "if" commands will work here. Also, hi DTG!)

The attack Gligar was preparing was indeed Poison Sting, and Sal breathed a sigh of relief knowing he had dodged the move he feared most, as Goku performed his ordered dodge well. Gligar then flew in close, and even though Goku’s Ember hit its mark, the scorpion still continued on to strike him hard with a Tackle. Sal was enjoying watching and analysing this battle, thinking back to the previous battle against Barry and how dull it had turned out. Still, he knew that Ember wouldn’t work forever, especially as his Chimchar was now starting to breathe harder. ’Poison Sting must be getting to me more than I thought if Goku’s tiring already. he thought, as he tried to form a strategy. 'I don’t need to rush things just yet. If the battle does get drawn out, Goku’s Blaze ability will allow him to deal stronger hits, and that will be the time to launch more Embers. Right now, however, I need to save energy and watch Gligar a little more.’ And with that reasoning done, Sal gave his orders.

“Ok Goku, take it a little easier this round. Wait for Gligar to get closer, then use Leer to slow it down, and Tackle after. If he doesn't get close enough, just use a single Ember instead.”

(OOC EDIT: I don't know why spaces keep getting missed out in my posts... I think I've got them all now though.)
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm

(OOC: Lol, yeah. Well at least you're getting updates, right? Also, "if" commands do work here. They did for me at least so I'll update them as working.)

As the Gligar waited patiently for his opponent Goku to attack he soon got frustrated with this tactic and instead decided to try and provoke him with a unique attack. Learning from it's past mistake the Gligar did not close in to try and strike Goku with it's body but instead began to flap it's wings as quickly and as hard as it could, blasting a Razor Wind at Goku. The move wasn't as powerful it usually is but it still managed to knock Goku back a bit while dealing some good damage as the compacted bits of air cut at his flesh and fur like knives. This tactic prompted Goku to launch his first and only attack for the time being as he opened his mouth to spew more fiery hot Embers. The Gligar hesitated in the air for a moment as it saw the all familiar tiny balls of flame sail through the air towards it. It quickly tried to fire off another Razor Wind as it realized that it wouldn't be able to dodge the attack in time, however it's counter wasn't strong enough nor executed in time and so the Gligar ended up getting a face full of fire while Goku was hit by another Razor Wind, albeit this one was even weaker than the first.

Goku ended up taking quite a bit of damage this time, while he still managed to dish some out. Both 'mon are around half health now, however Goku does appear to be a tiny bit worse for wear than the Gligar. On the other hand the Gligar is looking a little more winded than Goku does.

As Goku is finished it's trainers orders it appear the Gligar is still not done with him as it starts to fly towards him with it's mouth wide open, probably intending to Bite down hard on Goku.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm

(OOC: I was just interested in what seemed to be a record for Revo, not really complaining. Getting updates is awesome, as is Razor Wind, damn it.)

Sal thought his attacks were pretty solid; however it seemed Gligar was smarter than he thought, as it stayed in the air. More astonishingly to Sal, it used what appeared to be a Razor Wind. He looked in his Pokédex to see if it could learn it. ’It inherits Razor Wind from its parents, huh? Another interesting point to keep in mind…’ he thought, with every passing round giving him more to think about. Still, Goku stayed back and used Ember, so the orders didn’t go to waste. The two seemed to be getting quite weak now, and to Sal’s pleasant surprise, Gligar was flying in close, its mouth wide open.

“Ok, here’s our chance. Leer when it gets close enough to see, then take the opportunity for a Scratch attack! If it doesn’t see the Leer and manages to get out of range, use another Ember instead. We can do this!”

Last edited by Salamencia on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damn this forum deleting some of my spaces...)
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:16 pm

The Gligar flew with grace at it's opponent while remaining relatively close to the ground. By the time Goku heard his orders he was ready to initiate plan A as he Leered at his enemy with a most disturbing look in his eyes. The Gligar's confidence was diminished as it made eye contact with the fire monkey's glare, which resulted in a bit of hesitation from the Gligar as it slowed down quite a bit. Capitalizing on this Goku brought his arm back and extended his claws before swiping them across the stomach of Gligar, Scratching it pretty bad and knocking it back a little. The flying scorpion 'mon's fear faded from it's mind as the pain quickly replaced it while it managed to duck it's head down and chomp on the arm of Goku before he could pull it away. Grinding it's teeth down on Goku in anger the Gligar took a few moments to let it's teeth sink in and do some damage before dislodging itself and backing away.

As the Gligar hovered away from it's opponent Sal noticed it's breathing was becoming a bit heavy, apparently becoming a bit fatigued. Sal then looked to see how Goku was doing and was pleased to see that his breathing was still fine. It took some more damage this round but dished out a bit more than it received, giving itself a slight health lead still as both 'mon began to creep closer to the critical zone.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I love you in a totally non-gay way, DTG. I’d have reffed your battle, but there are no new orders.

Sal watched as his orders went as planned this time around, with Gligar being discouraged by Goku’s Leer, and both Goku’s Scratch and Gligar’s Bite hitting their marks. Still,the battle was slowly reaching its conclusion, and it was probably time for Sal to do some more damage. However, with Gligar looking fairly beaten already, he decided he should probably try a Pokéball soon, to try and give Goku a better rest.

“A couple of Embers, my friend,” he said, grabbing a Pokéball for the end of the round.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:13 pm

(OOC: Always nice to know I'm appreciated =))

The Gligar took a second to react to Goku's offensive movement as it was becoming quite winded. It hovered above the ground awaiting it's opponents next move, and as Goku launched another Ember the Gligar attempted a dodge. It swiftly swept it's body sideways as the hot balls of fire flew towards it, fluttering it's wings and sending a Razor Wind at an angle towards Goku. The Gligar managed to dodge a bit of the attack while damaging Goku and knocking him a bit off balance but ended up taking a bunch of damage from his Ember anyhow. The Gligar's altitude began to falter slightly as it began to feel the pain which gave Goku a good opening as he easily regained his stance and let off another volley of hot Embers at his foe. In desperation, the Gligar shot a quick volley of quills from it's tail which struck Goku and penetrated his skin, Stinging him and in a freack accident Poisoning him as well. He remains standing however as does the Gligar remain hovering above the ground.

The corner of Sal's mouth perks up in a grin as he grabs one of his PokéBalls and hurls it at the Gligar. The ball strikes the flying scorpion before rebounding off of it and hovering in the air for a moment. It quickly fires off a laser that strikes the Gligar as well and transforms it into an energy-like form which is then stored in the PokéBall. The orb then falls to the ground, the middle button turns red and anticipation wells up inside Sal and Dawn as they watch it wiggle around on the ground. After a few moments of struggle it appears the Gligar submits to defeat as the PokéBall stops moving around and emits a satisfying popping sound as the center button flashes white once again.

Congratulations! Sal has caught a Level 5 Gligar. He knows the moves Sand Attack, Poison Sting and Razor Wind. However, Razor Wind is not at full power at this time and will require some practice to perfect. Also, Goku has leveled up!

As Sal hurriedly made his way over to pick up his newly caught Pokémon Dawn threw her arms up and let out a little cheer.

"Yay! Hey, that was pretty good for your first time!" Dawn smiled happily at Sal. "It seems like you've got the gist of it, so it looks like my work here is done. I'll catch ya around sometime, eh? See ya!"

And with that Dawn was off. She flashes a smile and waves goodbye to you leaving you and your Pokémon alone on the route. Off in the distance you can see the grand Jubilife City. Considering the condition your Pokémon are in it is advisable to venture there and pay a visit to the Pokémon Center.

Of course the choice is yours.

Feel free to proceed to Jubilife City, or hang out on the Route a bit longer if you wish.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:32 pm

OOC: Is that the same with all MT/Egg moves, or just the powerful ones? I assume it came from Gary anyway. Also, what gender is it? I’ll hold off on the nickname until then. Oh, and is it possible to return to the route after I get to Jubilife? I’m not sure what I’ll do just yet, but it’s good to know.

With his successful capture, Sal walked over to pick up the Pokéball, a big smile on his face. Not only had he made his first capture, but it was a Flying type. He now had Pokémon from both of his favourite types. He held the ball for a while, trying to come up with a name for the Pokémon. Meanwhile, Dawn cheered for Sal, brightening his mood a little more.

“Yay! Hey, that was pretty good for your first time!" Dawn said, and she smiled at him. "It seems like you've got the gist of it, so it looks like my work here is done. I'll catch ya around sometime, eh? Seeya!” she continued, and with that she left him on the empty Route 2.

“Wow, that was a great battle Goku, well done!” Sal said, and he turned to the Chimchar smiling, who smiled back and gave a squeak of delight. Sal turned back to his new Gligar’s Pokéball. “And as for you… I’ll name you later,” he said, unable to name it quite yet. He looked around and considered his options. Ahead was a new city, and anearby sign told Sal it was Jubilife City. He thought about staying on Route 2, but he remembered that his Pokémon were weak.

“Ok, I guess it’s on to Jubilife City to heal you guys up,” he said to his Chimchar, and started off to the city.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down