Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So many choices...

2 posters

Go down

So many choices... Empty So many choices...

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:44 pm

As you step through the grasses and see the beautiful Lake Verity ahead of you, Barry comes screaming past and barges in front of you. You then notice a large man, almost twice your own height, wandering around, looking very stern, trying to understand the goings on at the lake. he is wearing a large white coat and has lovely, long, silver hair and a mustache that many a grown man would envy. He turns when he hears you enter. "Why hello there!" he says, brimming with happiness for the young trainer that stands before him. "You may call me Professor Rowan. I am the resident expert on Pokémon evolution in Sinnoh. I presume my assistant told you where to find me? Well, anyhow, you know me, I was up early this morning to continue my research first-hand as there is no other way for me!" He says with a hearty laugh.

Suddenly a couple of angry Starly race in and attack the professor before he is able to respond. "Argghh!! These pesky Starly are always here to try and prevent me from reaching their nest." he says while reaching for his briefcase. "Drat! it's too far away. Ok then, the both of you, grab yourself one of the PokéBalls in my briefcase that's near you and use it to fend off these Starly. Quickly!"

You step forward and open Professor Rowan's briefcase to find more than the usual three PokéBalls. In fact, there are eight and you may have the choice of any of them:

Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Starly
Shinx
Burmy
Buneary
Stunky

You choose the one which suits you the best and get ready for the fight. Post you response as a new thread.

Dave stared in awe at the pristine waters of Lake Verity. He really was kicking himself for leaving his fishing equipment back home, but he was sure he could get some at some point. Anyways, he walked over to a patch of grass where Barry had already arrived, talking to a large man in a lab coat. He looked over as Dave approached, introducing himself:

"Why hello there!" he says, brimming with happiness for the young trainer that stands before him. "You may call me Professor Rowan. I am the resident expert on Pokémon evolution in Sinnoh. I presume my assistant told you where to find me? Well, anyhow, you know me, I was up early this morning to continue my research first-hand as there is no other way for me!"

Smiling somewhat at the Professor's hearty welcome, Dave moves to introduce himself, but finds himself cut short as a pair of Starly burst from the undergrowth to attack the researcher. Dave and Barry look at each other in a bit of shock, before Rowan calls out to them:

"Ok then, the both of you, grab yourself one of the PokéBalls in my briefcase that's near you and use it to fend off these Starly. Quickly!"

Quickly opening the case, Dave scans the Pokéballs within. Aside from the usual flame, water-drop and leaf symbols there were a feather, a lightning bolt, and a few others. Barry grabbed the flame one instantly, but Dave had to choose. As much as he loved water-types, he'd never been a fan of Piplups, though he didn't know why. However, he'd seen plenty of matches at Crasher Wake's gym, and knew that one day the little Turtwig here would grow into a strong and powerful Torterra - which was also incredibly Badass.

Grabbing the leaf-marked Poké Ball, Dave threw it forward: "Turtwig, let's go!"

The little reptillian stretched out, obviously having been napping within the ball. Turtwig looked back at Dave, wondering what was going on, before spying the Starly assaulting the Professor, readying himself for battle.

"Ok Turtwig, let's help out Professor Rowan! Tackle one of those Starly! It'll probably do the same back, so Withdraw to take the hit!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

So many choices... Empty Re: So many choices...

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:19 pm

OOC: You awesome man, taking the one I love. Will be fun updating you Razz

Grabbing the leaf-marked PokéBall, Dave threw it forward: "Turtwig, let's go!"

The little reptilian stretched out, obviously having been napping within the ball. Turtwig looked back at Dave, wondering what was going on, before spying the Starly assaulting the Professor, readying himself for battle.

"Ok Turtwig, let's help out Professor Rowan! Tackle one of those Starly! It'll probably do the same back, so Withdraw to take the hit!"

And the battle was on! The little Turtwig racing with his heart on the line for his new-found friend, Tackling the Starly with confidence, knocking it back somewhat. Then, as Dave had predicted the Flying-type responded with its own Tackle and got knocked back by the strength of the Withdraw that the Grass-type could produce. Meanwhile, Barry had things sorted with his own new friend Scratching happily on the second Starly.

"Keep at it Chimchar! I know you can do it! Of course, if you can't you will be fined a lot of money!" Barry yelled with glee.

Fining his own Pokémon now? Dave thought, that's a new low... The professor was still occupied disentangling himself from the other Starly that had come with the first lot.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 am

OOC: Haha, yeah, figured you'd like that.

Watching Barry commanding his own Pokémon, Dave was determined not to be outdone.

"Great job, Turtwig! Let's have at it with another Tackle and Withdraw combo!"

I can't let the Professor down... this is my chance to show that I can be a great trainer! the kid thought to himself, eyeing the bird in front of him.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:53 pm

"Get in there Chimchar and Scratch it like crazy!" you hear from the over-enthusiastic Barry nearby, who watches in glee as his little Fire-type subsequently takes on the Starly like a WWX Wrestler and rakes those talon-like claws across the bird, causing it to faint instantaneously.

On you side of the field, the Starly Tackles while the Turtwig Tackles and the hit each other head-on, dealing more damage to the Starly than it wanted before it watches you hunker down for more defense.

"That's it boys, keep at it, I'm almost done getting out of this mess here. I'll help you out soon." Professor Rowans manages to say while being constantly attacked by at least four Starly now.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Having seen Barry KO his opposing Starly, Dave was more intent than ever to do just the same.

"Alright Turtwig, that's enough Defense for now, so let's go with a Double Tackle, that should take care of 'em!" he ordered the chelonian, who was proving to be a very able battler. Hopefully they'd bought the Professor the time he needed...
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

barry doesn't bother helping out because he is just that good, and just stands back, watching as the Turtwig fights it out. Fortunately though, it doesn't take too long, as the little Grass-type races through the Grass, and Tackles straight into the Starly, knocking it out as well. feeling very free and happy that this has turned into a win for the little guy, Dave rejoices.

*Turtwig gains a level*

At about the same moment, the Professor manages to shoo away the offending Starly attacking him and he comes back to join the party.

"Well, it seems you two have done a marvelous job at dealing with them, I appreciate it. And it also seems that I can't find anything here relating to the mysterious Legend of the Lake. And so, with that I'll be heading right back to the lab to deal with the rest of the work I need to do today. So, as a favour, can you both look after those Pokémon while I head back to the lab? That would be wonderful."

And with that, the massive man with the silver mustache turned and headed back to Sandgem Town. Barry and Dave were a little stunned that they were given their very own Pokémon to look after for a little while. Barry knew he was going to make the most of it.

Proceed to Route 201
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum