Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The choice is mine..

2 posters

Go down

The choice is mine.. Empty The choice is mine..

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:38 pm

As you step through the grasses and see the beautiful Lake Verity ahead of you, Barry comes screaming past and barges in front of you. You then notice a large man, almost twice your own height, wandering around, looking very stern, trying to understand the goings on at the lake. he is wearing a large white coat and has lovely, long, silver hair and a mustache that many a grown man would envy. He turns when he hears you enter. "Why hello there!" he says, brimming with happiness for the young trainer that stands before him. "You may call me Professor Rowan. I am the resident expert on Pokémon evolution in Sinnoh. I presume my assistant told you where to find me? Well, anyhow, you know me, I was up early this morning to continue my research first-hand as there is no other way for me!" He says with a hearty laugh.

Suddenly a couple of angry Starly race in and attack the professor before he is able to respond. "Argghh!! These pesky Starly are always here to try and prevent me from reaching their nest." he says while reaching for his briefcase. "Drat! it's too far away. Ok then, the both of you, grab yourself one of the PokéBalls in my briefcase that's near you and use it to fend off these Starly. Quickly!"

You step forward and open Professor Rowan's briefcase to find more than the usual three PokéBalls. In fact, there are eight and you may have the choice of any of them:

Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Starly
Shinx
Burmy
Buneary
Stunky

Dezmond scanned through the suitcase and found the PokéBall which contained the Chimchar. "For god sakes Barry, pick one already!"

"Oi, calm down! Im workin' on it, im workin' on it"

After muttering something incoherent, Dezmond stood up and released the Chimchar from the PokéBall. After the lazer show, A Chimchar appeared in a stance ready to fight and loudly said "Chimchar!"

"Okay," Dezmond said, "You can use Ember, right? Please tell me you can use Ember..."
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

The choice is mine.. Empty Re: The choice is mine..

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:06 pm

As Dezmond entered Lake Verity he noticed Barry was talking with the Professor whom looked up at him as he entered through an opening in the surrounding treeline. As Barry noticed the Professor's gaze turn away from him, he too turned to look at what had stolen the Professor's attention away from him.

"Dezmond, finally your here!" Barry said. "Took your sweet time, didn't you?" He mocked before turning back to the Professor, "So can we have our Pokémon now? Please, Professor!"

The Professor sighed and put his hand on the side of his face as if he had a headache. Who knows how long he'd been standing there talking with Barry? He could very well have a migraine.

"For the last time, I need these Pokémon for my research. I'm almost finished here, then we can go back to my lab and talk about your Pokémon there. Here simply isn't the place-"

Suddenly, out of nowhere a couple of angry Starly fly out of the surrounding trees and attack the Professor. Barry's expression is of utter shock while Dezmond remains relatively calm.

"Argghh!! These pesky Starly are always here to try and prevent me from reaching their nest." he says while reaching for his briefcase. "Drat! it's too far away. Ok then, the both of you, grab yourself one of the PokéBalls in my briefcase that's near you and use it to fend off these Starly. Quickly!"

Dezmond and Barry stood in shock for a moment before realizing what the Professor was asking. Barry was the first to come too, quickly diving at the briefcase and popping it open to the sight of 8 shiny new PokéBalls.

"Wow! This is so AWESOME!" Barry said, practically exploding with anticipation. Dezmond didn't let it show, but he too was fairly excited and wanted to get on with choosing his own Pokémon.

"For god sakes Barry, pick one already!" Dezmond shouted, getting a bit frustrated.

"Oi, calm down! Im workin' on it, im workin' on it" Barry replied, finally picking out a PokéBall and rushing off to help the Professor.

Dezmond scanned through the suitcase and found the PokéBall which contained the Chimchar. After muttering something incoherent, Dezmond stood up and released the Chimchar from the PokéBall. After the lazer show, A Chimchar appeared in a stance ready to fight and loudly said "Chimchar!"

"Okay," Dezmond said, "You can use Ember, right? Please tell me you can use Ember..."

The fire monkey stood before him a little confused as to what was going on. She heard the Professor wail and Barry shriek as he began battling one of the Starly which 'caused her to turn her head to find out what was going on. As she did she watched in horror as a Starly came flying at her, rather close to the ground and with it's head lowered, looking like it was ready to Headbutt the bajeezes out of her.

Dezmond looked up and spotted the Starly, realizing that the next move was in his hands.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 pm

"Okay, that was too close for comfort." Dezmond began looking around the battlefield, and noticed Barry taking on a Starly. "Alight, i guess we can clearly see who the novice is.. Im SUCH an idiot." Demond mumbed to himself. "Alright, no Ember yet? Don't worry, we'll work on that," He thought, "Let's try something more basic.. Like a.. I know! Use Leer and follow up with your Headbutt. Come on, make this happen...!"
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:39 pm

The Headbutting Starly still barreling towards his Chimchar Dezmond quickly fired off some orders.

"Let's try something more basic.. Like a.. I know! Use Leer and follow up with your Headbutt. Come on, make this happen...!"

The Chimchar took the orders rather well considering she had just met Dezmond. She quickly spun around and shot a terrifying Leer the Starly's way. Unfortunately the Starly's head was down, as it was Headbutting, and so the two did not make eye contact. Dezmond's Chimchar was struck hard in the stomach 'causing her to cry out in pain as she was sent skidding across the grass.

She appeared to be fine though as she quickly got to her feet, ready to continue battling. Delighted at it's previous attack's success, the wild Starly opted to repeat it's previous move and once again lowered it's noggin' for a Headbutt. Dezmond's Chimchar grinned and copied her foe, lowering her head as well and sprinting off recklessly towards her foe. The two made contact after traveling relatively the same distance. Their skulls connected with a vicious sounding crack and 'caused some major pain to both Pokémon while the two of them were sent skidding backwards away from each other. Dezmond's Chimchar rubbed her head as she got up, still looking relatively okay and ready to fight.

Chimchar took two good hits this round while the wild Starly only took one. So naturally, the Starly is in better shape. However, the Starly is also looking a bit more fatigued than Chimchar is, and so she retains an energy lead while her foe retains a health lead.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 pm

A quick and loud grunt came from Dezmond as he continued to scold himself. "Obviously the leer wouldn't of work because his head was down! Im fighting with my Heart, not my brain, and i need to begin using it, or both. Okay, try to hit it with a leer If it works, try a headbutt. If the leer misses, we'll take up defense and see what Starly does. If it attacks, dodge it and tackle it."

Last edited by AutoTuneTheDeaf on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something was wrong in the move list.)
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Learning from his rookie mistake, Dezmond fires off some more orders for his Chimchar. Deciding to give it another shot Chimchar's eyes begin to glow once again before she shoots off another terrifying Leer towards her opponent. The wild Starly is unimpressed with it's last attack as it was rather painful and so it opts to try a Tackle attack this time instead of a Headbutt. Luckily for Chimchar this means her Leer actually connects with her intended opponent this time as she locks eyes with the Starly who becomes severely put off. It slows the bird's attack down considerably giving Chimchar ample time to lower her head once again and Headbutt the bird right in the gut 'causing it to reel backwards in pain as it's momentum is used against it. The bird takes a second to regain it's posture before steadily making it's way over to Chimchar and raising it's talons high in the air before swiping them down and Scratching her face. Chimchar grunts slightly as the sharp talons of the wild Starly dig into her flesh.

The second round was much better for Chimchar as she successfully stopped a potential attack and actually used it against her opponent. She has evened up the difference in health quite a bit though the Starly remains a slight bit ahead of it. Energy use was relatively the same for both Pokémon this round and so Chimchar remains leading in terms of energy.

As the Starly backs away from Chimchar she notices it starting to fly up into the sky. It circles around in the air for a few moments before it begins to nosedive straight for Chimchar in a Tackle-ing sort of manner.

What will Dezmond do?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoTuneTheDeaf Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:44 pm

"Alright, Chimchar, watch out! Dodge the tackle and follow up with a Scratch! If you can, try to aim for the wing so it'll keep the bird on ground. If the wing isn't a possible hit, hit it where ever you can! If it throws anything else at you, Dodge it!
AutoTuneTheDeaf
AutoTuneTheDeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Dezmond continues firing off orders like a pro while his obedient little Chimchar follows them flawlessly. As the airborne Starly makes a sharp turn and begins nosediving straight for Chimchar she hatches a master plan, or at least her trainer does, as she waits for the Starly to get within striking distance before swiftly sidestepping and allowing the bird to smash into the ground for a huge amount of damage. Before it even has a chance to rwact Chimchar quickly scurries over to it and Scratches it across it's right wing making it cry out in pain as it's brought to the very brink of defeat.

Chimchar stands idly by, awaiting it's next orders while the severely beaten Starly takes an awfully long time to get to it's feet. As it does Dezmond grins as it apparently submits defeat and runs off as quickly as it can with it's comrade back into the forest surrounding the Lake.

"Alright!" Dezmond heard Barry's voice from behind him. He turned to see him fist-pumping again, obviously quite happy to be victorious. "What a team we make, huh?"

"Indeed." Professor Rowan spoke, getting to his feet and brushing himself off. "Quite the team indeed. That was a spectacular show you two just put on. You know what, you can hold onto those Pokémon for now. Your going to need them when you come by my lab later today. I'll learn your names and such there. Treat them well." The Prof. warned before picking up his briefcase and walking off.

"Man this is so cool! Prof. Rowan is the BOMB! I gotta go tell my mom about this! Don't you go to Sandgem without me, okay? Come by my house in Twinleaf a little later and we'll go together. He'll probably want to talk to the both of us anyway. See ya!"

And with that Barry rushed off leaving Dezmond all alone by the shore of Lake Verity. He looked out across the lake and took a deep breath of the cool, fresh air before deciding to leave the area and head to Twinleaf Town to pick up Barry before heading to Sandgem.

Proceed to Route 201
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum