Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealing the deal on Shinx!

2 posters

Go down

Sealing the deal on Shinx! Empty Sealing the deal on Shinx!

Post by Poke_Hunter Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:52 am

After getting lunch at a local diner on the outskirts of town, Hunter was ready to get to some REAL adventuring. He'd beaten wild Pokémon. He'd won his first battle with Barry. He'd made another friend- who he was pretty sure Professor Rowan wouldn't want digging up his floor. Hunter grabbed a nearby flowerpot and scooped up Burrower in it. It was lying in the middle of the street; Hunter was a firm believer in "Finders Keepers". After a pleasant walk around the town, he walked up the pathway to the Professor's lab and knocked on the door.

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Sealing the deal on Shinx! Empty Re: Sealing the deal on Shinx!

Post by DTG6407 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:55 am

Almost instantly after beginning to knock on the door it slid open, and, to Hunter's surprise, Barry came rushing out. He smashed into Hunter, knocking him and his Diglet companion to the ground as well as sending himself tumbling over top of him. By some miraculous feat, the flowerpot that Burrower was being kept in didn't shatter as it struck the ground and sent dirt showering everywhere.

"Oh, damn." Barry grunted, lifting himself up off the ground and rubbing his head, "Sorry about that Hunter," He apologized, lending a hand to lift him up, "That Rowan guy really is awesome. You won't believe what he just gave me! Uh... I think he's got a little surprise in store for you too, actually. Why don'tcha go inside real quick and see? I'm off for now. Gotta start that training, like I promised! See ya!"

And with that, Barry was gone again as quickly as he had came.

"Ah, well hello there lad." Prof. Rowan said from inside his laboratory doorway, "Sorry about that, come on inside I've got a little bit to discuss with you."

Once inside the lab, Rowan motioned towards a desk and sat down behind it. On top of the desk were many scattered papers and various other things, though the thing that stuck out the most was the sick little red device lying neatly in the middle, everything else brushed away from it as if to give it room.

"Ah, I hadn't noticed that guy there," Rowan commented on Burrower's presence, "It seems you're quite friendly with Pokémon. I don't suppose you have any PokéBalls to capture that thing with, do you? I'd give you one of mine, but my assistant Dawn out on Route 202 has them all with her. Anyhow, I wanted to propose an idea to you. I've already recruited your friend Barry there, and he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. I hope you'll feel the same. I'd like you to take this device here and go out to collect data on various Pokémon native to Sinnoh. If you didn't know already, this device is a PokéDex. It's like a portable, electronic encyclopedia for Pokémon."

Prof. Rowan paused for a moment to let all he was saying sink in, and to give Hunter the chance to ask any questions he may have.

"So, what do you say?" He asked finally.

What will Hunter do?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:31 am

"S'okay, Barry. Just watch out next time, okay?" He brushed some dirt off of himself as Barry told him the professor had given Barry a gift. He started paying more attention when Barry mentioned a present for him as well. He watched as Barry bolted off towards Route 202.

As Barry left, Professor Rowan appeared and invited Hunter in. Hunter looked around himself in awe; there was so much cool technology here! He took a seat at the desk, glancing at the little red device in front of him. Was that a... PokéDex? His thought train was derailed, however, when Rowan Began to speak.

"Ah, I hadn't noticed that guy there," Rowan commented on Burrower's presence, "It seems you're quite friendly with Pokémon. I don't suppose you have any PokéBalls to capture that thing with, do you? I'd give you one of mine, but my assistant Dawn out on Route 202 has them all with her. Anyhow, I wanted to propose an idea to you. I've already recruited your friend Barry there, and he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. I hope you'll feel the same. I'd like you to take this device here and go out to collect data on various Pokémon native to Sinnoh. If you didn't know already, this device is a PokéDex. It's like a portable, electronic encyclopedia for Pokémon."

Prof. Rowan paused for a moment to let all he was saying sink in, and to give Hunter the chance to ask any questions he may have.

"So, what do you say?" He asked finally.

Hunter's eyes widened. He was being offered equipment to go on an adventure, which was his main objective. That, in his mind, was kind of like being paid to sit in a chair and complete a video game; How could he refuse? "I... I accept! Can I just-" He picked up the device. "Wow...AH!" His thumb accidentally slipped on a button, and scanned Burrower. "Oops..." Said Hunter. "I-I'm sorry!" he said, glancing at the screen which had the details on Burrower. It had the gender, the nature, the ability, AND the level listed. All that from a split-second scan. Incredible. "I'm really sorry Professor... I couldn't help myself, and I accidentally scanned Burrower!" He blushed with embarrassment, and waited for a reply.

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 am

OOC: As the nature doesn't play any real role, you are free to choose your 'mon's nature. It's really just for RPing purposes.

"Diglett," A robotic voice said from the built-in speaker of the PokéDex, "The Mole Pokémon. Diglett love to create underground tunnels and as such their movement of can be easily detected by tracks of upturned earth. Gender: Female. Level: 4. Ability: Sand Veil."

"Oops..." Said Hunter. "I-I'm sorry!" Hunter began, looking at the screen which displayed Burrowers details.

The professor began to laugh, "Not at all m'boy. Since you accept my proposition that means that that PokéDex now belongs to you anyhow. You'll be scanning Pokémon with it eventually, so you might as well get a start now, yes?"

Hunter recieved a PokéDex!

"Hrm." The Professor grunted after a slight pause, "Splendid! Now, before you go off on your grand adventure that I'm sure your so eager to embark on you should probably see if you can meet my assistant I was talking about earlier. She's on Route 202. Tell her I sent you, and show her that Dex as proof. She'll be able to provide you with some more necessary equipment, like PokéBalls."

The Prof. stood up from his desk and motioned towards the front door which he opened for Hunter as the young trainer left the building, "Now, you should get going. There's quite a lot of Pokémon out there, and Barry's already got a head start!"

You may now proceed to Route 202
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum