Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril!

2 posters

Go down

Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril! Empty Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril!

Post by Poke_Hunter Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 am

As you step through the grasses and see the beautiful Lake Verity ahead of you, Barry comes screaming past and barges in front of you. You then notice a large man, almost twice your own height, wandering around, looking very stern, trying to understand the goings on at the lake. he is wearing a large white coat and has lovely, long, silver hair and a mustache that many a grown man would envy. He turns when he hears you enter. "Why hello there!" he says, brimming with happiness for the young trainer that stands before him. "You may call me Professor Rowan. I am the resident expert on Pokémon evolution in Sinnoh. I presume my assistant told you where to find me? Well, anyhow, you know me, I was up early this morning to continue my research first-hand as there is no other way for me!" He says with a hearty laugh.

Suddenly a couple of angry Starly race in and attack the professor before he is able to respond. "Argghh!! These pesky Starly are always here to try and prevent me from reaching their nest." he says while reaching for his briefcase. "Drat! it's too far away. Ok then, the both of you, grab yourself one of the PokéBalls in my briefcase that's near you and use it to fend off these Starly. Quickly!"

You step forward and open Professor Rowan's briefcase to find more than the usual three PokéBalls. In fact, there are eight and you may have the choice of any of them:

Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Starly
Shinx
Burmy
Buneary
Stunky

Hunter, sprinting after Barry, Wondered why he was doing this. He hoped he wouldn't have to do this often - it was getting to be a pain in the neck. He finally skidded through the long tree-filled path, and stopped completely. His eyes widened - before him lay the most beautiful lake of a stunning deep blue.He was appreciating it when Barry ran straight into him. Confused, he heard a deep voice yelling at someone... Then a figure was leaning over him and his eyes finally came back into focus. He was an old man with silver-grey hair and a long white coat. He asked "Are you okay there, young man?"

Hunter got to his feet and groaned "Yeah, thank you." And then he realised who he was talking to. "Professor Rowan!"

The professor said: "Yes, I am Professor Rowan. I am the resident expert on Pokémon evolution in Sinnoh. I presume my assistant told you where to find me? Well, anyhow, you know me, I was up early this morning to continue my research first-hand as there is no other way for me!" He laughed.

And then the Starly swooped down on him.

"Aargh! Why must I always end up in these situations! I've been trying to investigate their nest and they attack me every time!" Hunter watched in shock as the professor looked around. He laid eyes on his briefcase. "I'm not going to be able to get that... Young man! Could you and your friend take a Pokémon each from my briefcase and get rid of these things? Please!"

Hunter dashed over to the case, and popped the cover. He picked a PokéBall at random and threw it in the air, and a canine-like cyan-coloured Pokémon popped out. "No... it can't be..."

"Shinx? I caught that little fellow just outside of Sunyshore. Strange he was there; no Shinx live outside the city. Good choice. Now help!"

Hunter was flabbergasted. It was that Shinx he found and looked after all that time ago. Resisting the urge to hug the little guy who was leaning on his shins, he instead pated it on the head and ordered "Leer to lower it's defense, then give it your hardest Tackle!

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril! Empty Re: Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril!

Post by DTG6407 Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Hunter sprang into action as the Professor was attacked with Barry stepping in toe behind him. He quickly threw out a random PokéBall which revealed a cyan-colored electric canine known as Shinx.

"Shinx? I caught that little fellow just outside of Sunyshore. Strange he was there; no Shinx live outside the city. Good choice." The Professor commented rather awkwardly as he was being attacked by the Starly. "Now help!" He finally pleaded.

And so Hunter and Barry did with Hunter quickly firing off orders as if he were a seasoned Pokémon trainer.

"Leer to lower it's defense, then give it your hardest Tackle!" He ordered, the Shinx responding almost instantly.

One of the Starly turned it's attention to the newly released Pokémon and Hunter whom was standing behind it. As it did Hunter's Shinx blasted a fierce Leer towards it threatening that if it didn't back down bad things were going to happen. The Starly took the bait and backed down a little, letting off of the Professor and turning it's attention obediently towards the Shinx. Seizing the oppourtunity to capitalize on the situation the Shinx rushed forward in a reckless Tackle attack, thrashing the Starly rather harshly and catching it a bit off guard dealing a critical hit. However this also knocked the fear right out of it which was soon replaced with a red hot rage. The bird Pokémon returned the favor with a Tackle of it's own, thrashing the Shinx backwards towards Hunter while dealing some good damage, albeit it not being a critical.

The Starly has suffered a critical hit and taken a large portion of damage while it successfully dealt some good damage back to Shinx, though nowhere near what the Shinx dealt out. Both Pokémon are tied for energy with neither one gaining a lead over the other.

The Starly wasn't finished with Hunter and his Shinx though apparently as it began to lower it's head and charge forth in a reckless Headbutt.

How will Hunter react?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril! Empty Re: Hunt for a starter - Professor in peril!

Post by Poke_Hunter Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:34 am

Hunter grinned - who needed Regional Geography when he had taken a masterclass in Battle Skills. Pondering what to do next for a couple of seconds, he saw that the little bird Pokémon was about to Headbutt his little buddy. Sighing at the lack of electric moves, Hunter tried to come up with a strategy. And he did - "Tackle to the side to avoid Headbutt so it crashes, then Tackle it!"

Last edited by Poke_Hunter on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extending it a bit.)

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:11 pm

(OOC: Just a little tip, in Revo telling your 'mon to simply Dodge an attack is a perfectly acceptable order and will almost always work except in some special cases. Just know that's it can be very taxing if you're constantly dodging everything your opponent throws at you.)

Grinning as his masterclass was appearing to pay off Hunter fired off more orders to his quickly befriended Shinx.

"Tackle to the side to avoid Headbutt so it crashes, then Tackle it!" Hunter ordered.

Following it's trainers instructions the Shinx quickly dived to the side in a Tackle-like attack, effectively dodging the Starly's Headbutt and 'causing it to face plant into the dirt. It didn't take long for the bird 'mon to recover as it got to it's feet and shook it's head, shaking the dirt out of it's feathers. This distraction gave Hunter's Shinx ample time to ram the Starly back into the ground with another vicious Tackle 'causing the Starly more pain and discomfort. It recovered once more, however this time it took a bit more time to get to it's feet, obviously in worse condition that it's opponent. It decided to get some payback by Scratching it's talons across the face of Hunter's Shinx resulting in the teal colored canine reeling back in pain and crying out as the bird Pokémon's sharp talons cut into it's flesh.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:37 am

Hunter got mad. No-one, but no-one, hurt his little buddy. And cutting into his back - that bird was going down. So deep down it'll hit Lava. He came out with some orders that got across his fury pretty well; with an angry smirk, he shouted "Headbutt then Bite one of it's wings! That'll teach it a lesson!"

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

The Starly was quickly taken by surprise as the teal canine quickly charged it with a Headbutt. Due to the almost non-existent distance between the two of them the Headbutt quickly makes contact with the Starly before it could Fly off into the sky. However, this also means that the damage it takes from the attack is reduced as it had less momentuem. The Starly takes some damage nonetheless and is sent reeling back a bit before it decides to try and come in for another Scratch attack across the face of Hunter's Shinx. This plan sucks though, because the Shinx quickly sprints towards it's foe with it's teeth bared, and as the Starly raises it's talon above the Shinx's head the Shinx lunges at the Starly's wing and chomps down hard on it. The result is a bloodcurtling shriek of pain that erupts from the gizzard of the bird Pokémon whoms wing is now Shinx's new favourite chew toy.

Reluctant about letting go, Shinx does, and as it does the bird quickly takes off into the forest as it's clearly had enough fighting for the time being.

Level up for Shinx!

Seeing that he is now safe from danger Professor Rowan gets to his feet and walks over to Hunter.

"That was an impressive bit of battling you did there, son." He complimented, putting his hand down on Hunter's shoulder softly before being rudely interrupted by Barry whom was clearly upset that Hunter was getting all the praise.

"What about me, Professor? I kicked butt too! Didn't I?" Barry interrupted, obnoxiously.

The Professor chuckled. "You both did, of course. I can't thank you enough for saving me." The Professor stopped on that thought for a moment as he saw Barry playing with his new Chimchar instead of listening to him. He sighed and closed his eyes, but that act of defiance on Barry's part gave him an idea. The Professor pressed his forefinger and thumb to the bridge of his nose before opening his eyes, fixing his glasses and turning his attention to Hunter. "Though I can think of a little something to repay you two with. Take those two Pokémon you just battled with."

Barry's face lit up as he fist pumped and cheered. "Alright, yeah! I got my first Pokémon! This is so awesome, I gotta go tell me mom!"

"Er, wait a moment there son." Professor Rowan interjected. However he was too late as Barry had already left the Lakefront with his Pokémon in it's PokéBall.

The Professor sighed before returning back to Hunter. "Is he usually like that?" The Professor questioned. "Well, anyways." He continued, "I have a proposition for the two of you in exchange for those two Pokémon. Tell your friend there to come and meet me back at my lab in Sandgem when he's done trifling around at home."

And with that, Hunter was left alone at the Lakefront as the Professor quickly repossessed his belongings that remained and left the way Barry had, albeit much slower and with a bit of a swagger in his step.

You may now proceed to Route 201
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum