Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here beginneth the lesson

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here beginneth the lesson - Page 2 Empty Re: Here beginneth the lesson

Post by DTG6407 Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 pm

As Clay took a ton of damage from the last round Sal realized that he would most likely have to work Clay harder in order to come out on top in this battle.

The round started with Buizel popping up from the surface of the water and firing off another deadly Water Gun, which made Clay near soil himself. He swiftly dodged, quite happy that he was able to avoid another SE hit. As he did, he forced Buizel to reposition itself before firing off a second Water Gun which gave Clay ample time to throw forth some sharp, Poisonous quills at his opponent which managed to Sting him pretty badly. As they did, Buizel cringed as it felt the poison enter it's bloodstream and begin to inflict some pretty intense pains all over it's body. Being thoroughly Poisoned Buizel managed to fire off it's next intended attack, though he felt his heart drop down into his stomach as the poison ate away at him while he witnessed the not-so-little flying scorpion fly out of harm way once again.

Clay avoided some more huge damage that was quite capable of bringing him to his knees, if he had knees that is. Thankfully he avoided any and all damage and managed to dish out a good hit to his opponent, while Poisoning him in the process. As such, he's feeling pretty winded in comparison to Buizel whom appears to be quite alright in term of energy.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 am

Luck seemed to be with Sal this round, as not only did Clay manage to dodge both Water Guns, but his Poison Sting seemed to have poisoned Buizel too. However, the dodges had taken their toll on Clay, the Gligar now panting heavily. The tables had turned as far as energy was concerned, and now Sal had to order first. Sand Attack was useless without any sand, so that was immediately out of the question. Razor Wind was probably not an option here, considering how tired he had become, and dodging would just tire him out further, so Sal had to work with the other moves in his arsenal. He was therefore down to only 5 moves, 4 of which were generic moves, so he decided on some simple orders.

“Ok, let’s try a Growl as it starts an attack, then Bite down on its back!”
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:46 pm

"Sonic Boom to disorient it, Buizel. Then Water Gun it again!" Billy shouted out, confident in his plan.

As such the round started and Clay began to work up a fierce Growl that made his foe feel quite a bit uncomfortable. The Buizel hesitated in his attack at first but then quickly shot off forwards toward Clay, creating a Sonic Boom that echoed loudly throughout the arena and caused everyone's ears some discomfort and pain. Clay had been swooping in for a Bite attack around this time and felt the wind against his body as Buizel rushed forwards, the crack generated from his attack disorienting him and throwing off his intended order. After coming to a bit of a stop Buizel quickly fired off another Water Gun that landed a good hit on Clay for some more SE damage. The round wasn't over however as Buizel keeled over in pain, feeling the effects of the poison that was still eating away at him.

Buizel dealt a good SE hit which is quickly bringing Clay down. Energy-wise he is still fine whereas Clay has regained his breath and is ready for more, despite being lower on energy than his opponent. The poison dealt some nice damage in Clay's favour, but that alone won't be enough to bring this Buizel down in time.

"Awh!" Billy cried, noticing his Pokémon's pain, "Hang in there bud, we got this match in the bag! Let's try another Sonic Boom to disorient it again, then Water Gun it twice. Let's end this, right here and now!" He ordered, looking to put the already pretty battered Clay to rest with this next round.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 pm

With Sonic Boom finally being shown off, Sal felt as if his opponent had just strung him along from the beginning, holding back a trump card. Still, Sal’s motive was simply to allow Clay to rest up a little, and that goal had been achieved, so Razor Wind would probably be an option now. Although, with 2 Water Guns coming his way, he knew he’d need to dodge at least one attack this round. Billy’s orders seemed sturdy, but Sal wasn’t giving in just yet.

“Hang in there Clay! I chose you to battle this Pokémon because I believe you’re strong enough. Now let’s show these guys another one of your Razor Wind attacks! Then a Poison Sting! If he’s still up, another Poison Sting. We need to try and win this in this round, with your energy rapidly dropping."
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Buizel rocketed forwards once again creating another loud Sonic Boom that stopped Clay from starting up his first attack. As he fought with himself to try and regain his hearing Buizel came out of nowhere with a vicious Water Gun attack that struck Clay for even more SE damage, bringing him very close to fainting.

With his health levels in the critical, Clay begins to panic as he sees another jet of water flying at him. This time he pushes himself with all of his might to fire off a Razor Wind. The wind he generates is surprisingly powerful and miraculously pelts back the jet of water and repels it down into the pool while the remaining bits of air hit Buizel for some decent damage.

Clay looks surprised as he is still alive after that last attack. How he generated an attack that was strong enough to repel a Water Gun felt empowering, and so he continued by spinning in mid-flight and firing off a Poisonous Sting attack at his foe whom got pelted rather hard in the stomach by the attack. Not done just there, Buizel finds himself keeling over in pain from the poison status effect as Clay's last Poison Sting flies forwards and continues to inject poison into that soft belly of his.

Surpringly Clay survived this round. He's hit critical levels for health and almost anything will knock him how. His energy is getting pretty low too, his breathing beginning to increase once again and become noticeable. Buizel got wrecked this round and is now pretty low on health himself, though he still remains a good bit above his opponent and the critical area. Energy wise he is getting pretty tired too, and his breathing has become rather ragged and noticeable.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 am

[OOC: The RNG is a heartless and cruel being indeed. Not that it’s not awesome Clay survived though.]

“… Wow. Nice timing. Clay, keep it up!” he said, quite impressed that the second Water Gun had been blocked. But his poor Pokémon looked completely beaten and a little worn out too. This battle was definitely ending this round, so Sal thought for a minute. ’I need to avoid letting Clay take any damage at all. I really feel as though we should give in here, but that’d be an insult to all the hard work Clay’s put in to this. So I’ll rely on his gliding capabilities, and get to Buizel’s blind spot. With his final piece of reasoning for this battle over, Sal turned his attention to Clay and gave his orders.

“Ok, Buizel looks really tired, so let’s use that! Get gliding towards Buizel and Bite down onto his neck! Dodge any attacks coming your way while you glide, should he be able to fire any. If he’s still alive after that Bite, Tail Whip to finish this!” Sal called down, feeling the pressure of the battle.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:29 pm

"I know you're tired, but you have to do this or else we could lose Buizel. To a Ground-type, no less! I'm not going to let that happen. Sonic Boom once more to throw off it's Bite, than one final Water Gun!"

Buizel found himself in a bit of an awkward position as he attempted to rush forwards into a Sonic Boom and past Clay whom was gliding towards him, mouth open and ready for a Bite. As he did he cleared quite a distance between the two of them ended up leaving Clay way behind him and sketching out thanks to the high pitched crack that emitted from Buizel's attack. Thankfully this gave Clay sometime to regain his bearings before Buizel got back into range for a Water Gun while Clay began gliding over to his foe once again as well, this time looking to Whip the annoying little sea badger in the face with his Tail. As he did he noted the all familiar SE attack heading his way as the jet of water that spewed from Buizel's mouth shot straight towards him. Not wanting to get hit by the attack Clay did his best to Dodge the attack, spinning around and to the side of the attack while whipping his stubby little tail right across the face of Buizel whom took the hard shot. As he turned his face back to meet his opponent he was able to hang on by a thread, if only barely. After a second or two he grunted in pain as the poison inflicted yet more damage, enough to send him over the edge and cause him to faint. His body stayed afloat at the top of the water as Buizel's eyes closed tightly shut.

Level up for Clay!

Suddenly a whistle could be heard from over by the bleachers where the rest of the class and Sal's previous opponent, the class's teacher Mrs. Bonsai, was still spectating. The teacher removed the whistle she had around her neck from her mouth and grinned before calling the battle, "BUIZEL IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! SAL AND CLAY ARE ONCE AGAIN THE WINNERS!" She shouted, captivating her students as well as Billy with her booming loud yet smooth voice.

Billy sighed and shook his head in disappointment, "I'm sorry buddy," He said to his fainted Buizel, pulling out it's PokéBall and recalling the 'mon, "You were still great though, don't worry. I'll train harder and be a better trainer, I promise."

Billy hopped out of his box and steadily made his way over to heal his 'mon before quietly returning to his classmates whom were all giggly and excited that Billy had lost when he had such an advantage.

"Has anyone seen Lily?" Mrs. Bonsai asked, looking around for her student, "She was here a minute ago, where'd she run off to?"

Just then the doors from which Sal entered steadily opened before a small school girl with a uniform matching that of her female classmates entered the stadium-like room.

"Sorry, I'm back Mrs. Bonsai. Just had to have a little bathroom break!" She said, noticing the frown on her teachers face, "Is it my turn to battle again already?"

Mrs. Bonsai nodded in confirmation to Lily as the large water stadium began sinking back into the ground, a clay arena returning from the depths to replace the old one.

"Ah, I haven't gotten to use this one in a long time!" Lily exclaimed, quite happy at the revelation of the field type. "Go, Togetic!" She called while sending a PokéBall sailing through the air and crashing down on the hard clay arena floor. After a brief flash of light a Togetic exploded from the PokéBall.

"Alright mister. Let's do this! I don't make a habit of losing, and not twice in a row. So watch out!" Lily warned, smirking in all of her confidence.

What will Sal do?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:25 pm

[OOC: This reply seems very long... Also, my descriptions of arenas suck at 12 midnight, clearly.]

Billy seemed determined as ever, reminding Sal of himself a little, as he ordered. "I know you're tired, but you have to do this or else we could lose Buizel. To a Ground-type, no less! I'm not going to let that happen. Sonic Boom once more to throw off it's Bite, than one final Water Gun!"

The round was full of tension, both trainers not giving in until the final judgement. Clay came in towards his opponent for another of the Bite attacks Sal was getting used to ordering from his Ground type partner. However, Buizel distanced itself from Clay with a quick Sonic Boom. Buizel then started a Water Gun as Clay came in for his Tail Whip. Fortunately, the Fly Scorpion dodged the attack, and struck back with his tail. And as the poison kicked in, Buizel fell down, unable to continue any further. Sal couldn’t believe his luck as the whistle blew.

"BUIZEL IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! SAL AND CLAY ARE ONCE AGAIN THE WINNERS!" Mrs. Bonsai shouted, confirming the battle had ended. Sal recalled his Gligar, more than happy with the outcome. “Clay, you did fantastic. Let’s hope you won’t need to fight any more battles,” he said, walking back to the nurse to bring the Ground type back to full health.

"I'm sorry buddy," Billy said to his Buizel, calling it back into its Pokéball. "You were still great though, don't worry. I'll train harder and be a better trainer, I promise." And with that, Mrs. Bonsai looked around for the next trainer.

"Has anyone seen Lily?" she asked, looking around. "She was here a minute ago, where'd she run off to?"

Not long after, a girl came through the doors Sal had entered through, wearing the same uniform as the other classmates.

"Sorry, I'm back Mrs. Bonsai. Just had to have a little bathroom break!" she said, "Is it my turn to battle again already?" Mrs. Bonsai just nodded, and the young girl took her place.

As Clay was recovering, Sal looked over at the arena, which was shifting once more. The pool arena was replaced with a fairly basic arena, somewhat similar to the rocky arena earlier only without the rocks.

Lily seemed pleased with the new arena. "Ah, I haven't gotten to use this one in a long time! Go, Togetic!" she shouted, calling out her Pokémon. At this point, Clay was back to health, and Sal took his place back in the challenger’s box.

"Alright mister. Let's do this! I don't make a habit of losing, and not twice in a row. So watch out!" Lily said, seeming rather confident. ’Well, it’s only natural to be confident with an evolved Pokémon like that,’ he thought, knowing the Flying type all too well from his days in Johto. Still, he pretty much automatically reached for his Pokédex to learn as much as possible about the new foe.

Togetic, the Happiness Pokémon, and the evolved form of Togepi. It grows dispirited if it is not with kind people. It can float in midair without moving its wings.

’Well, that was informative,’ Sal thought sarcastically. Still, he looked through his Pokédex for more information, in particular the moves it can learn. ’Wow, it could throw just about anything at me. Still, I’ll battle with the same determination as always,’ he decided, and selected his Pokémon without much difficulty. He threw out a different Pokéball this time, calling out the other Pokémon he had with him. “Goku, it’s time for you to battle, my friend!” And with that, the Fire type took to the field. He looked back at Sal with a look of disapproval, clearly not pleased to be fighting something that looked that experienced. “Hey, feel lucky you’re not Clay. I trust you; you were my first Pokémon, after all. Now go and show these guys that we don’t tend to lose either!” he said. The words seemed to have the desired effect, with Goku turning back to the battle, looking more confident.

“Ok, let’s enter this with a bang! Double Ember to kick things off!” Sal called, feeling that the orders were a little predictable. Still, it was the first round, what else could he do?
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 pm

Lily grinned as the battle got kicked off to a fiery start.

"Alright, Togetic. Double Metronome to start us out!" She ordered, pointing out towards Sal as she did.

The rather disappointed-to-be-fighting Goku started the battle off with a fierce Ember attack that sent, well, embers flying everywhere. The tiny bits of flame lashed up against the beautiful Togetic's body, 'causing it to recoil in pain a bit before executing it's own maneuver, Metronome! The tiny bird 'mon swayed back and forth to a hypnotic beat before suddenly it began to cry out in one continuous tone. Said tone steadily increased to ear-shattering proportions until a bright surge of light exploded outwards from the Pokemon, the Luster Purge 'causing some good damage to Goku as it reached him.

Slightly taken by surprise Goku proceeded with his orders and sprayed more Ember's upon his foe whom repeated the same actions she did from the turn before. This time, instead of recoiling in pain from her opponents attack Togetic instead rushed forward through the fire with her tiny Claws extended forwards. As she came within range she dug her claws into Goku, whose attack had just ended, with Crushing force.

With the opening round over Goku was clearly in some serious pain, having taken some major attacks this round whereas Togetic was noticably better off. She was however much more tired and her movements can be expected to be a bit more sluggish in response.

Lily grinned happily seeing her Pokemon use such extraordinary attacks, "Oh, you're so lovely Togetic! I love you so much!" Lily praised, much to the delight of her Togetic whom replied with a series of happy cries and a large smile, "Now, let's see if the third time really is the charm with another Metronome! Then take a bit of a rest and Growl to scare it off of attacking you."

What will Sal do?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum