Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The second member of the team is properly introduced

3 posters

Go down

The second member of the team is properly introduced Empty The second member of the team is properly introduced

Post by Salamencia Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 pm

With his Pokémon refreshed and his backpack full of new items, Sal made a detour back into Route 202 to train with his new Gligar. ’That’s something. I still haven’t named my Gligar yet,’ he thought to himself. He pulled out Gligar’s Pokéball and called the FlyScorpion Pokémon out.

“Ok, I still haven’t named you, or even looked at your stats in more detail. Let’s see… you’re a Ground/Flying type, so how about… Clay?” he asked, and the Gligar nodded happily. “Ok then. Just one more thing to do,” and he pulled out his Pokédex to scan Clay once more. The ‘Dex revealed the rest of the Gligar’s details, and Sal committed these to memory before closing it back down.

With the naming done, Sal started to take a leisurely walk around Route 202, his newly named Gligar following him. “So, I guess the first thing we need to do is practice your Razor Wind, Clay,” he said. Clay simply nodded again, still following, as Sal looked around for an opportunity to battle.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

The second member of the team is properly introduced Empty Re: The second member of the team is properly introduced

Post by DTG6407 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm

As Sal walks out onto Route 202 once again a flock of nearby Starly emerge from the trees and fly away. Further down the path he notices a young boy who appears to be having a fit in the middle of the road. Sal quickly rushes over too see what is wrong but it appears the boy is fine, he's simply having a bit of a pout as he thrashes around on the ground.

"It isn't fair!" The boy shouts. "I never win, no matter what! I don't know what I'm doing wrong..." As the boy looks up and notices Sal he quickly turns red from embarrassment.

"Hey!" He shouts as he gets to his feet, "What were you doing just a second ago? It's pretty creepy to just watch people like that, you know?" The boy begins tapping his foot with a look of disapproval on his face. "So anyway, you wouldn't happen to be a trainer would you? 'Cause I really need to battle right now. I haven't managed to win one yet but I'm getting better. I can feel it! Come on, fight me! Please?"

As the attitude and mood of the boy changes quite violently the decision whether or not to battle him is in Sal's hands. Having not yet seen his Pokémon, does Sal feel up to the challenge?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

The second member of the team is properly introduced Empty Re: The second member of the team is properly introduced

Post by Salamencia Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm

As Sal walked further along Route 202, watching a few Starly taking flight, he once again sunk deep into his own thoughts, now able to let his imagination run wild while he looked around for a battle. As he kept walking, the sight of a young boy in the middle of the road soon snapped him out of his trance. The child was thrashing about in an odd manner on the ground, so Sal called Clay back into his Pokéball and rushed over to check the kid wasn’t having a fit or something. On closer inspection, he just seemed to be venting out his anger.

“It isn't fair!” the boy shouted. “I never win, no matter what! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...” After saying this, he looked up and noticed Sal, and his face turned red quickly. He was clearly embarrassed that anyone had seen him in that state. He got to his feet before addressing Sal directly.

“Hey!” he shouted, now sounding rather angry, “What were you doing just a second ago? It's pretty creepy to just watch people like that, you know?” He tapped his foot on the floor, scowling at Sal. “So anyway, you wouldn't happen to be a trainer would you? ‘Cause I really need to battle right now. I haven't managed to win one yet but I'm getting better. I can feel it! Come on, fight me! Please?”

’This kid certainly has a problem, but this seems to mean a lot to him… Plus, it’d make excellent training for Clay, no matter what we end up facing,’ Sal thought, before replying to him.

“Sure, I’ll battle you then. Let’s see what you’ve got. Clay, you’re on!” he said, and he threw a Pokéball into the air, revealing his Gligar. “This is the Pokémon I’ll be using; he could use a good fight,” Sal explained, and waited for the kid’s reply.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:17 pm

As Sal agreed to battle the boy a smile was wrought upon his face as it seemed to light up. He fist pumped the air and yelled, "Yeah!" really loudly before taking out a PokéBall and smashing it against the ground at his side. The ball split open to reveal a Stunky, and as it blinked a few times, trying to recall where it was the boy grinned and bent down to pet his Pokémon.

"Hey buddy, I know we've been doing pretty bad lately but things are going to turn around for us," He said solemnly into the ear of his skunk-like 'mon.

The Stunky looked over at Sal and his new Pokémon Clay the Gligar before sighing quite heavily. "Don't be like that, we can do this! I believe in you Stunky, come on! Poison that thing with some Poison Gas then Focus your Energy and Scracth it!"

Throwing out a three-mover this early in the battle it is clear the boy is determined to beat his opponent, and rather quickly at that. It's Sal's move.

What will he do?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:57 pm

The boy pumped his fist, shouting in excitement before pulling out a Pokéball and throwing it onto the ground beside him. The ball burst open, and in a flash of light a Stunky appeared. The Poison type blinked, looking a little unsure of its surroundings, and the young trainer bent down, petting the Pokémon. Sal didn’t recognise the creature, and pulled out his Pokédex to learn about it.

’Stunky, the Skunk Pokémon. The foul fluid from its rear is so revolting that it can make people feel queasy up to a mile and a quarter away,’ the reliable machine said. “That sounds pretty interesting. Should make for a nice battle,” Sal said, glad to know of Stunky’s unique odour beforehand.

"Hey buddy, I know we've been doing pretty bad lately but things are going to turn around for us," the trainer said to his Pokémon. The Stunky looked over at Sal and his Gligar, before sighing heavily. Sal was a little surprised to see the skunk Pokémon’s lack of enthusiasm, especially considering how energetic its trainer was. "Don't be like that, we can do this! I believe in you Stunky, come on! Poison that thing with some Poison Gas then Focus your Energy and Scratch it!"

’A 3 move round already? That’s surprising. Still, I guess he has a plan,’ Sal thought, and he turned to Clay, remembering his moves and forming a plan. “Ok, let’s try this. Razor Wind through the Gas, then throw a Sand Attack towards him as he comes in for the Scratch.”
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 pm

The purple skunk known as Stunky begins the battle by spinning itself around and raising it's bushy tail high into the air, ready to spew some noxious Poison Gas. Horrified at the thought of what gases may emerge from his enemies behind Clay opts for a Razor Wind, sending a large amount of air at his foe as he spews a large poisonous gas cloud out of his anus. The Razor Wind cuts through the cloud of poison as if it were butter, sending Stunky sliding backwards a bit as well as dealing some good damage as the compacted bits of air cut at the Stunky's fur and flesh. Thoroughly irritated by its new battle scars Stunky begins Focusing it's Energy in preparation for the brutal Scratch it's preparing to inflict on it's opponent. As it finishes pumping itself up it receives a nice physical attack strength boost and begins charging in at his opponent with it's dominant claw raised high in the air. See the size of the claws Stunky has Clay immediately lowers itself to the ground and begins whipping at the ground with it's tail. He manages to kick up a good amount of Sand which he then uses to Attack his foe with, sending the grains flying into the face of Stunky as he comes in to perform his attack. Stunky's bearings and vision are severely addled upon receiving the facepalm of sand, and so as Stunky viciously rips his claw through the air in an attempt to Scratch his foe he, thankfully, ends up hitting nothing as it sails towards the ground.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it!" The boy screams, seeing his orders become exploited so easily. "Hurry up and order, it's your turn!" He shouts at Sal, rather frustrated and impatient.

With the initial round over, Stunky has managed to thoroughly wind itself and deal no damage, though he did receive a nice attack boost. Clay on the other hand took no damage as well and used considerably less energy.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:04 pm

The first round of the battle surprised Sal immensely, as all of his orders went as planned. The Razor Wind cut through Stunky’s Poison Gas before it reached Clay, stopping it before it could do anything, and the Sand Attack luckily caused the Poison/Dark Pokémon to miss with its Scratch. The battle was going his way right from the start. However, as he looked across the field, his opponent was getting rather annoyed with the first round.

“Damn it, damn it, damn it! Hurry up and order, it's your turn!” the boy yelled, clearly frustrated at his orders being cancelled so easily.

“Okay, just stay calm would ya?” Sal replied, and he thought through his options. ’With that round going so well, I guess there’s no reason to not just go on the offensive this round, considering Stunky’s aim will be reduced. Still, I daren’t go in close just yet, in case of Poison Gas.’ With that in mind, he gave his orders to Clay. “Clay, take advantage of Stunky’s temporary blindness and go on the offensive. Fire another couple of Razor Winds at it! If you can’t manage a second, then just give it a Sand Attack if it comes close.”
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:22 am

“Okay, just stay calm would ya?” Sal replied, and then he gave his orders to Clay. “Clay, take advantage of Stunky’s temporary blindness and go on the offensive. Fire another couple of Razor Winds at it! If you can’t manage a second, then just give it a Sand Attack if it comes close.”

"I can't be calm! I have to win this, don't you get it?" The young boy shuddered and then yelled at the top of his lungs, "POISON GAS AGAIN AND THIS TIME MAKE POISONED!"

fairly tired from the first round, the little Gligar known as Claw began to move his wings about, but this time, the Razor Wind did not come out. Instead, he just looked rather stupid sitting there and flapping his wings. The little Stunky didn't know that nothing had happened since he had turned around once again put his tail in the air, ready to deal another great big f- [OOC: Oh this is a children's website, sorry my bad] -erocious Poison Gas in the hope that it would do its job of poisoning the Ground/Flying-type.

The gas that billowed from the tail of the Stunky was not a gas that you would expect to have poisoning effects. Due to the fact that it was a big horrible dark black-coloured gas. Not only that, it was far larger than the last attack. So not only had the little Gligar back-fired with his attack, his opponent looked just as silly, having actually back-fired [OOC: I know, terrible pun, I apologise for myself].

Sal recognised the gas as a different move known as Haze. He also knew that not all Stunky's could use it. What would he do with this knowledge?
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 am

"POISON GAS AGAIN AND THIS TIME MAKE POISONED!" the kid responded, which sounded a little odd to Sal, considering the last time he had used Razor Wind it had rendered Poison Gas useless. Still, the boy was clearly a new trainer, so he tried not to think anything of it, and looked back to the battle.

Sal knew that his orders were a little shaky, as Clay hadn’t perfected Razor Wind, but he kept his hopes high. Unfortunately, it appeared that luck was not on his side, as Clay’s attempt at using the move once more failed miserably. ’Great, now Clay’s going to be a sitting duck while Stunky manages to poison it. I should have tried safer orders after all,’ the teenager thought, as he cursed his luck. However, Stunky seemed to be having problems with its Poison Gas too, and as it finally performed the move, the gas coming from its rear end was different to before. It was a thick black mist of sorts. “That’s not Poison Gas… it’s Haze!” Sal said, as he was already familiar with the move from watching battles back at home. He stood there, astonished, as the Haze filled the area, blocking his vision.

’Now I have to battle in the dark? If only I had a reliable wind-based attack, I could clear this Haze in an instant,’ he thought, remembering Falkner, the Gym Leader back in Violet City, and his Flying types. 'As it stands, I’ll have to make do with what I have. Could I risk trying Razor Wind? No, it’s likely that Clay needs to wait before using it again. In that case, I’ll just defend for now.' With his planning done, Sal shouts his orders into the black cloud. “Clay, stand your ground for now. If you hear or see any movement, throw a Sand Attack at it, and if Stunky comes in to attack, fight back with a Tackle!”
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 am

"WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU I SAID POISON GAS ALREADY!" screamed the young boy, obviously furious now that his Pokémon couldn't even use the move he was asking it to use.

In the midst of the Haze across the whole field, the orders from the opposite could be heard as well, for a far more in-control trainer. “Clay, stand your ground for now. If you hear or see any movement, throw a Sand Attack at it, and if Stunky comes in to attack, fight back with a Tackle!”

And thus, the fight continued, but this time in the dark, or close to it. The little Stunky, who could barely see his opponent had didn't really move from his last position, but instead, tried his darnedest to fire off the correct move, spurting more foul gases from his rear end, tail pointing north as due course. The Gligar, effectively grounded for this round tried to muck up some dust and Sand to form some sort of Attack, but what it mainly did was add more stuff to the cloud that they were fighting in, making it almost impossible to make each other out any more, the Haze, Sand, dust and poison gas all mixing to form a rather thick cloud.

Not only will this cause problems in the ensuing rounds, but the little boy was getting even more impatient.

"WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU, STUNKY! IF YOU REALLY CAN'T DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, THEN TRY GETTING IN THERE WITH A HEADBUTT AND THEN A SCRATCH!!!" the young boy was obviously exasperated. But from the thick cloud, he couldn't see his Pokémon or his opponent, and Sal was no better. Thankfully, the smoke did hide the sweatdrop on Sal's face.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am

OOC: Is Headbutt one of the generic moves all Pokémon learn, or is it just another special move for Stunky? I can’t see it on the list, at any rate.

Clay tried a Sand Attack, as ordered; however it simply seemed to add to the Haze already in place, giving Sal more to worry about. This battle was certainly turning out to be interesting, if a little hard to predict. ’I’ll have to use Razor Wind at some point, just to try and get rid of some of this Haze. As long as Clay has some vision, there’s a chance he can land some hits. As for now…’ As Sal was thinking, his opponent was just getting more frustrated. He clearly didn’t see his Pokémon learning a new more to be useful whatsoever.

“WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU, STUNKY! IF YOU REALLY CAN'T DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, THEN TRY GETTING IN THERE WITH A HEADBUTT AND THEN A SCRATCH!!!” he yelled, and Sal felt pretty bad for the Stunky right now.

“Ok, try another Razor Wind. If you see your opponent as a result, hit it with a Tail Whip. Otherwise, just stay put and Tackle him if he makes contact with you,” Sal said in response, hoping the Haze would clear, if only to calm the boy down.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:58 pm

(OOC: I believe Headbutt is a generic move. I mean practically every Pokémon has a head, or something it can use to smash it's opponent with that's head-like lol.)

With his trainer still rather pissed the Stunky begrudgingly obeys his trainer and tries it's best to Headbutt through the large poison-filled Haze with very minimal success as he very blindly launches his body in a random direction towards the last known position of Clay. He ends up landing rather close to his opponent, which is a surprise but unfortunately he ends up not quite hitting him, falling just short of the intended target. As a result Clay notices some movement by his side of the sandy Haze and thus fires off a Razor Wind towards it. The wind isn't quite strong enough to clear out any of the sand-filled, poisoned Haze cloud but it certainly manages to deal some damage to his opponent. Just as the wind isn't strong enough to push any of the Haze around it isn't strong enough to blow Clay's enemy Stunky away and so said skunk-'mon launches itself at the hovering Clay with it's claws extended. As it swipes down on Clay's face with a vicious Scratch attack Clay just manages to Whip his opponent back in the face with his Tail, 'causing some damage and sending the skunk back into the Haze and out of sight.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 pm

OOC: Fair enough. But with that in mind, there are plenty of moves that could be counted as generic; Slash and Scratch to name a couple. I mean, Bite and Tail Whip are up there. I take it Headbutt is toned down to more of a Tackle strength move though?

Also, was Razor Wind not as strong as before, or does Haze just stick around longer than Poison Gas or what?

With his Gligar still blinded, Sal watches the Haze and hopes for the best. He hears what he assumes to be a Razor Wind, but the wind doesn't do much to the Haze at all. Damn, that was my main idea to get out of this mess. I guess all there is left to do is wait for it to disperse, or wait for Razor Wind to get stronger. Meanwhile... he thought, knowing there wasn't much more he could do.

"I guess you should just wait until you locate Stunky, then give it a couple of Tackles, Clay. There's really not much we can do right now," Sal said half-heartedly, unsure of what to do. This was the first time he had really felt outmatched at anything involving strategy, and even now it was because of Haze being pulled out at the last minute. Still, it was interesting, and could prove to be valuable experience.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm

(OOC: I usually ref a Headbutt as being around a Tackle's strength. And that Razor Wind you just used was stronger than the second one you tried, but a bit weaker than the first. Gligar requires a bit of a rest in between uses, and the more he uses it the stronger it will get. However, without sufficient rest in between uses the move won't be at full strength.)

"Tackle it back, Stunky! Not much else we can do, I suppose. So keep Tackle-ing, and don't stop!" Though the boy was able to lower his overall volume the frustration and agitation in his voice was still clear as day as he ordered his Pokémon around.

The Stunky sighed again as it was forced to blindly thrash around in the putrid gas cloud known as Haze. Thanks to Clay's efforts in the previous round the cloud was cleaned up a bit as he managed to knock most of the poison gas out of it. That still didn't mean it was a delight to breathe in, and the Stunky could swear to god it was about to puke before it blindly tackled in some random direction within the Haze. He managed to miss his opponent, obviously, and land nowhere near him. As Clay was ordered to locate Stunky before Tackling the Gligar decided to do pretty much nothing as it searched the Haze for it's opponent.

Thankfully the smog was beginning to thin out, and as a result Stunky quickly located it's opponent as did Clay. The two 'mon launched themselves at each other in vicious Tackles, knocking each other back and dealing relatively the same amount of damage to each other. However it didn't look like they were done as Stunky quickly came in for another Tackle before being met by it's opponents same Tackle. The end result being the same with both Pokémon reeling away from each other in pain. While Clay managed to get up rather easily it was clear that Stunky had had enough as it slunk to the ground with swirls in its eyes.

Stunky is unable to battle! Level up for Clay!

"Awh, damn it!" The boy began to cry. No tears were actually visible on his face, but it was clear in his voice that he was choking on them. He sniffed a couple of times before returning his Stunky to his PokéBall and walking over to Sal. "I'm sorry I was so rude, mister. I have some problems with my anger so it's kind of hard to control myself sometimes. Anyway here," The boy said, wiping his forearm against his eyes and taking out a few bills from his pocket.

Sal received 300 PokéDollars!

"I'm sure you don't want to listen to me whine, so here's your money. I enjoyed our battle, and I learned that my Stunky has a unique ability! So I guess it's not so bad I lost this time after all. Thanks for helping me discover that my Stunky is one of a kind, sir! I'll see ya around sometime, okay?"

And with that the boy ran off with the sniffling in his voice still apparent as he hid is face in shame and fled from the scene leaving Sal alone of the Route once more. Looking around things looked pretty peaceful. Sal couldn't even hear any Starly scurrying about in the trees. Only the gentle sound of the tree branches swaying in the wind, along with the leaves rustling violently on the ground below could be heard.

The path back to Jubilife City looked clear, and with an egg voucher in his possession just waiting to be used it was pretty obvious what Sal's next move was.

Proceed to Jubilife City, or hang out on the Route a bit longer if you want too.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 pm

OOC: That's pretty much how I figured it, but it was worth checking.

"Tackle it back, Stunky! Not much else we can do, I suppose. So keep Tackle-ing, and don't stop!" was the response from the agitated boy, although he seemed to be controlling himself more now.

The two Pokémon waited until they could see, which was rather quick from the Razor Wind attempt, and then they began trading blows. Both Pokémon Tackled with all their might, but as they finished, Clay came out the victor, and he breathed a sigh of relief. Sal’s reaction was exactly the same to his Gligar’s; he had won, but it hadn’t been easy. He made a mental note of Haze’s usefulness for any future battles against users of the move.

"Awh, damn it!" the boy exclaimed. He was clearly bothered by the loss, but he took it rather well, sniffing a little before recalling his Stunky. He then walked up to Sal. "I'm sorry I was so rude, mister. I have some problems with my anger so it's kind of hard to control myself sometimes. Anyway here," he said, before handing Sal 300 Pokédollars. "I'm sure you don't want to listen to me whine, so here's your money. I enjoyed our battle, and I learned that my Stunky has a unique ability! So I guess it's not so bad I lost this time after all. Thanks for helping me discover that my Stunky is one of a kind, sir! I'll see ya around sometime, okay?"

“Yeah, I enjoyed the battle too. That Stunky’s cool, so good luck training it,” Sal said, as a parting sentence, and the boy headed off once more, still looking a little downhearted. With that out of the way, Sal considered his options. He could stay here in Route 202 to train with Goku and Clay, and have to give Clay a berry, or he could head to Jubilife to cash in his Egg Voucher. He grinned, knowing there was only one real answer to this. “Ok Clay, return for now. We’re off to Jubilife’s Mart to grab that Egg that Goku worked so hard for,” he said, holding up the Ground type’s Pokéball as the now familiar red light surrounded Clay, sucking him back into the ball. With his Pokémon back in their Pokéballs and Clay’s Razor Wind a little closer to being perfected, Sal headed back to Jubilife to see what Pokémon awaited him at the Mart.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down