Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together?

2 posters

Go down

DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together? Empty DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together?

Post by firewater Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 pm

DM simply grins as he looks out on the peaceful lake. However, he notices that he was not alone, as he noticed an older gentleman, in a lab coat and generally appearing very professional looking, as well as being old enough to be DM's Grandfather. Paying him no mind, simply because he couldn't put the pieces together, DM watches the lake, at least until the gentleman begins to speak.

"Why hello there!" he says, brimming with happiness for the young trainer that stands before him. "You may call me Professor Rowan. I am the resident expert on Pokémon evolution in Sinnoh. I presume my assistant told you where to find me? Well, anyhow, you know me, I was up early this morning to continue my research first-hand as there is no other way for me!" He says with a hearty laugh.

DM stops for a second, thinking about this, and just when it occurs to click, some weird, bird Pokémon, named Starly or something pop out of the trees, and begin attacking Professor Rowan.

"Wait, you're Professor Row-"

DM's question was stopped by the seriousness of the situation, and Rowan's angry shout as the Starly continued to attack.

"Argghh!! These pesky Starly are always here to try and prevent me from reaching their nest." he says while reaching for his briefcase. "Drat! it's too far away. Ok then, the both of you, grab yourself one of the PokéBalls in my briefcase that's near you and use it to fend off these Starly. Quickly!"

Grimacing, DM looks until he sees a brown briefcase, and plucking it open, he can't really tell what's in what PokéBall. Either way, he notices a dewdrop shape, similar to that of a raindrop, and guessing that to be a water type, picks up the ball and tosses it. To his surprise, a penguin appears from the ball, while it doesn't seem much of anything, he recognizes it as a Piplup, and grinning, as he remembered some attacks from some TV show he'd seen long ago- he quickly made some orders.

"well then, um Piplup, shall we? Growl to get those Starly's attention, then Pound whichever one attacks you."

DM hoped that the professor would be ok, and that Piplup would do well in fighting at least...

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together? Empty Re: DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together?

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Barry reached over the large container and pulled out a PokéBall for himself and threw it into the mix. Out popped a Chimchar who began to run around like a little manic man with wheels for feet - seemed to be very similar in personality to Barry.

DM picked his own choice as a Piplup and was hoping that that would do well enough against the onslaught of Starly. The battle soon began with Barry issuing orders to his new-found Chimchar partner, "Now get that Starly closest to you with a Leer and then quickly Scratch it."

"well then, um Piplup, shall we? Growl to get those Starly's attention, then Pound whichever one attacks you." Dm said a little feebly.

A growl is heard as the meanest little sound the cute Piplup can make, but it does get the attention of the two Starly. The Chimchar stares intently at one of them, before scratching it and dealing some pretty solid damage. The Piplup goes for a Pound, and manages to step straight on the Starly's head, upsetting it to no end. The two Starly gather themselves and issue Tackle attacks into each of their attackers, dealing some decent damage to each of them.

"That's it boys, give 'em all you've got!" Cries the professor, still doing his best to get himself untangled from the other Starly still attacking him.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together? Empty Re: DM Story Start: 1-2 Rescues and Water, how do they work together?

Post by firewater Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:40 pm

DM suddenly stares at the blond standing next to him.

"Wait, Barry- when in the hell did you get here?"

A bit stunned, DM simply continues his commands as quickly as he could, the continued roars of the Starly attacking Professor Rowan concerning him as he orders quickly.

"Well Piplup, shall we? it's still close, so Pound it into the ground, then do it again if you don't mind."

Staring around, DM tries to find something to drive away the other Starly, but he can only wonder why he hadn't seen Barry before now...

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:49 pm

"Wait, Barry- when in the hell did you get here?" DM ponders.

"Well when I saw you leaving town, you must've had a good reason for it, so I followed you the whole way and here I find you and you're with the Professor! I should fine you for not taking me along with you, really!" Barry jeers, eager to get on with the fight as soon as possible. "Chimchar, got get it again with another Scratch or two."

The Starly, not getting any happier from the battling, kick up a bit of a fuss with each other and then stare down their opponents with a Leer. Both Chimchar and Piplup are shaken, but still go ahead with their orders, the Piplup jumping up and down on her foe while the Chimchar rakes his fingers across the other. The two Starly don't seem to be very happy with this outcome, but they are also standing with not much left in them when they land Tackles on their assailants once again, and for Piplup this hurt.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 am

Wincing at the blows that Chimchar and Piplup took, DM realized that the battle may end fast, for either side. Regardless, he noticed that his Piplup was female, much to his surprise, but it didn't phase him much. However, after his realization, Barry manages to answer his question.

"Well when I saw you leaving town, you must've had a good reason for it, so I followed you the whole way and here I find you and you're with the Professor! I should fine you for not taking me along with you, really!"

"Heh, nope, that's your fault for not noticing Barry," DM says before turning to Piplup.

"well dear, that wasn't nice, now was it? Anyway, let's pay that Starly back by jumping on it when it tries to tackle you again, then Pound it until it doesn't move anymore, as many times as needed. Alright?"

DM steps back, ready to see what would happen...

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 am

"Anyway, let's pay that Starly back by jumping on it when it tries to tackle you again, then Pound it until it doesn't move anymore, as many times as needed. Alright?" DM says, while stepping back in order to see what would happen. And lo and behold, the little Piplup turns a little evil grin on its face and starts jumping up and down on the Starly. It doesn't stop once the Starly's got spiral's for eyes, just keeps on bouncing until Professor Rowan finally untangles himself and notices that the Piplup is jumping up and down.

"Piplup, that's not how you treat fellow Pokémon! Especially after you know you've won a match!" he says with a stern voice while looking around, noticing that Barry has also won his little fight as well. "Well it seems you both have done well, and I thank you for your help just now. I can't find anything relating to the mystery surrounding the guardian of the Lake, so I suppose it's time to get going. However, can I ask you to take care of those two? Take a slower route and come see me in a bit, ok?"

Professor Rowan picks up his briefcase and disappears off into the woods, leaving DM and Barry a little stricken for words. He just gave you them? Or did he want you to nurse them back to health? This guy is weird.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:56 am

Insidious_Dreamer wrote:"Anyway, let's pay that Starly back by jumping on it when it tries to tackle you again, then Pound it until it doesn't move anymore, as many times as needed. Alright?" DM says, while stepping back in order to see what would happen. And lo and behold, the little Piplup turns a little evil grin on its face and starts jumping up and down on the Starly. It doesn't stop once the Starly's got spiral's for eyes, just keeps on bouncing until Professor Rowan finally untangles himself and notices that the Piplup is jumping up and down.

"Piplup, that's not how you treat fellow Pokémon! Especially after you know you've won a match!" he says with a stern voice while looking around, noticing that Barry has also won his little fight as well. "Well it seems you both have done well, and I thank you for your help just now. I can't find anything relating to the mystery surrounding the guardian of the Lake, so I suppose it's time to get going. However, can I ask you to take care of those two? Take a slower route and come see me in a bit, ok?"

Professor Rowan picks up his briefcase and disappears off into the woods, leaving DM and Barry a little stricken for words. He just gave you them? Or did he want you to nurse them back to health? This guy is weird.

DM winces as Piplup follows orders a bit too well, as she bounces up and down, and up and down, not neccesarily using Pound, but she does get the job done. She doesn't stop until Professor Rowan shouts at her, but at any rate the Starly was KO'ed, and the day was saved. Suddenly, Professor Rowan turns to both DM and Barry before speaking to them.

"Well it seems you both have done well, and I thank you for your help just now. I can't find anything relating to the mystery surrounding the guardian of the Lake, so I suppose it's time to get going. However, can I ask you to take care of those two? Take a slower route and come see me in a bit, ok?"

DM was a bit confused, but he had the feeling that for some reason, Piplup was to belong to him, but at the same time, he decides to wait until he was 100 percent sure about it. However, feeling a little sneaky, he pulls a small disc from his pocket, with the words TM: Water Pulse on it, and kneeling down to Piplup gently speaks.

"Hey there, that was a great job fighting. But I don't think we are done just yet, so I think that this move will help us out a bit. I'm not sure exactly if in fact it will work, but I do know that it will make you stronger. So once we see how this works, we'll go right back to Sandgem town, alright- of course, this is after you've rested a bit, Ok Piplup?"

DM kneels down before placing the TM Disc on Piplup's head gently, before stepping back a few paces, all the while thinking to himself.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if in fact Piplup is mine now, I feel that the way Professor Rowan was saying those words as he left means that Piplup's mine. if not, then that Water Pulse TM will be a nice surprise to whoever does own her..."

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:30 am

"Hey there, that was a great job fighting."
"Pip! Pip-lup." the little blue penguin chirps in response.
"But I don't think we are done just yet, so I think that this move will help us out a bit. I'm not sure exactly if in fact it will work, but I do know that it will make you stronger. So once we see how this works, we'll go right back to Sandgem town, alright- of course, this is after you've rested a bit, Ok Piplup?"
"Pip?" The Piplup looks almost comically at the CD-looking object on her head. But she has absolutely no idea what to do with it. She then gets an idea and thinks its a game and throws it back to DM by jumping once.

DM catches the TM and chuckles to himself, "OK, perhaps not right now then, eh?"

His new-found friend begins to walk off in the direction the Professor went.

Piplup has gained a level. Proceed to Route 201
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down