Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kanade vs. Barry

3 posters

Go down

Kanade vs. Barry Empty Kanade vs. Barry

Post by Kanta Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:04 pm

(From prerequisite thread).
OOC: If that's the case, then-- what? Where is that train of thought going?
OOC: Sorry if there was any confusion. I'll just explain it in context here. =D (Actually it's nothing really important. It's just Kanade thinking/worrying too much). Oh and hehe, the first part of this post is kinda awkward (writer's block). I had a hard time trying to transition from the previous thread to this one. The latter half flows a little more smoothly...

When you have received your first Pokémon, you will end up returning here after Barry has challenged you to a match to test out your skills. You thought the fight against those Starly were easy? Well think again, Barry is on a whole new scale of difficult. "And if you're late, I'm going to fine you!" He yells.

You prepare yourself for the inevitable fight to happen early in the morning in the middle of the town. You know people will be watching and cheering on their favourites. This will be a match to remember!
It was still quite early in the morning by the time Kanade, Turtwig, and Chatot arrived at the outskirts of Twinleaf. The trainer stopped right before they stepped into town, only to get lost in her thoughts again. So let me get this straight... She recalled what happened just a a moment ago. Chatot's menacing behavior quickly changed into friendship after Turtwig had talked some sense into her; they quickly got along after that, sharing Oran berries. Both Pokémon were satisfied with full bellies and health. After that, the trio quickly got on the road afterwards, and headed towards Twinleaf Town. Kanade looked up at the sky and then nodded. "Mmm, that's what happened," she confirmed to herself.

She glanced down at Chatot who was contently perched on Turtwig's shell. The Grass-type didn't seem to mind at all. Hmm... a Chatot all the way down here? If that's the case... I wonder what's up with its original habitat? Is the rest of her family down here as well or is she a loner? the girl pondered. Digging in her pocket for her glasses, she took out them out of the case, and let them sit on her face. Looking around, she tried to spot for another Chatot or other Pokémon that normally did not inhabit the area. Turtwig and Chatot found the girl to be quite amusing, as they began scanning the area as well, humoring her. "Oh well," she said.

Kanade was interrupted out of her musings when she heard, "Hey you're late! Your fine is up at $5,000,000 right now!" Barry ran up to her as he carried on. "I've been waiting for 10 minutes in midtown!" And as if an afterthought, he mumbled, "[I] thought you might've gotten lost again so I came out here." The boy quickly cleared his throat. "So anyways, like I was saying! You--" he pointed at her, "and me!" pointing at himself. "Are going to battle here instead because I can't wait any longer! Let's go, Chimchar!" he quickly released his Pokémon.

"Char!" the fire monkey jumped around, just as spaztastic as its trainer.

Pressing her glasses up the bridge of her nose, Kanade replied, "Oh. Still as impatient as ever." Barry's eyes widened a bit when he caught the slightest hint of a smile touch the corner of his rival's mouth. "Alright. Turtwig?" she made a gesture with her head to Turtwig, signaling it was time for him to face his friend.

"Turtwig!" he jumped in front of Kanade, and braced himself for an epic battle. Chatot quickly flew off the turtle's back ("Where did you get that?" Barry shouted) and sat on top of Kanade's shoulder. The trainer focused her attention towards Chimchar, Barry, and Turtwig, but in the back of her mind, she couldn't help but wonder if Chatot wanted to tag along with her and Turtwig.
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Kanade vs. Barry Empty Re: Kanade vs. Barry

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 am

"Turtwig!" he jumped in front of Kanade, and braced himself for an epic battle. Chatot quickly flew off the turtle's back ("Where did you get that?" Barry shouted) and sat on top of Kanade's shoulder. The trainer focused her attention towards Chimchar, Barry, and Turtwig, but in the back of her mind, she couldn't help but wonder if Chatot wanted to tag along with her and Turtwig.

Just as Kanade began to wonder (for the second time) what had really happened with this Chatot and why it was away from its normal habitat, it had hopped off her shoulder and flew to a nearby house roof top and cocked its head in such a way as to make it look like it was sort not interested in the battle at all, but it didn't move either, so perhaps it was just playing another little trick on Kanade.

From its viewpoint, the Chatot could see that there were a few rocks in the area of the battle field, as well as houses. This might cause a problem if the battle got out of hand. But it was content with itself for now and happy to be half-viewing the battle from this angle.

The Chimchar was practically prancing about at this point, almost doing pirouettes around the Turtwig just bating it to get this battle happening and trying to psyche it out in any case. Barry took a look at the girl, noting she had somehow half-acquired for herself a Chatot without any PokéBalls, which did seem odd. But he put that to the back of his mind, preparing himself for the battle that was about to unfold. He was gonna win this one for sure.

"You better have you head screwed on this time, and not lose focus or get lost, or whatever happens to you. 'Coz this time, I'm a coming and I ain't gonna stop til I win! Chimchar! Begin with a Leer and then a Scratch!" Barry yelled in Kanade's direction.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:30 pm

"You better have you head screwed on this time, and not lose focus or get lost, or whatever happens to you. 'Coz this time, I'm a coming and I ain't gonna stop til I win! Chimchar! Begin with a Leer and then a Scratch!" Barry yelled in Kanade's direction. He was going to be in charge of this battle!

After a couple of flips and cartwheels, Chimchar complied to Barry's commands. "Chimchar!" It scurried over to Turtwig with a Leer attack, nearly scaring its opponent out of his shell.

"Twiiig!" the turtle squeaked, his eyes widening.

"Ah so impatient..." Kanade mumbled monotonously for the second time. Considering that Barry was going offensive, she immediately went defensive and countered with, "Turtwig use withdraw now!" Before the fire Pokémon could initiate the second attack, Turtwig popped into his shell, to shield himself from Chimchar's sharp nails.

Chimchar proceeded with an all out, single-handed scratch attack, aiming for Turtwig's face. With a bit of miscalculation, his nails came into direct contact with Turtwig's shell. "Ch-ch-ch-char!" It sputtered in pain, grabbing its injured hand with the other, and hopped from foot to foot in a comical matter. Chimchar's hand mildly throbbed in pain from the hard surface.

"Now use tackle!" the girl commanded, taking a chance when Chimchar's guard is down. Feeling still refreshed and recharged from his little break in Route 201, Turtwig emerged from his shell.

"Chimchar watch out!" Barry shouted, but he was too slow giving the command. Before it could get out of range, Turtwig jumped, and tackled hard on Chimchar's stomach. The attack pummeled the opponent right onto a rock, crumbling it.

Seeing how the tables have turned, this threw Barry off. "Hey, you can't do that!" he shouted, mimicking Chimchar's earlier actions by stomping on the ground, foot to foot, while pumping his fists into the air. "Chimchar. Buddy? You alright?"

Chimchar slightly winced in pain. "Char!" It stubbornly gave Barry a clear sign that it was fine, brushed off the rock pieces, and went a battle-ready stance.

Kanade liked taking chances, but she wasn't going take cheap shots; she allowed for Barry and Chimchar to regain their composure. As she waited, she brushed away her bangs, and pushed up her glasses towards the bridge of her nose again. Kanade used the time to check up on Chatot, who was still looking far off into the distance on the rooftop, and glancing over at the battle every so often. Turtwig used the time to looked over at his shell to assess the damage he took from Chimchar's scratch. "Ready now?" Kanade asked sweetly with a tiny smile, when she heard Chimchar shout the affirmative to Barry.

"Oh I'm more than ready! I'm PUMPED," he humored her and with a beam, "You better watch out cuz I'm going all out from here on! Chimchar use scratch again!"
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:37 pm

(OOC: last update was good but kinda god modding a bit, either way this looks pretty good though)

At any rate, Chimchar didn't like that shot that Turtwig had given it, and before Kanade could say a word, Chimchar had Scratched Turtwig hard, sending the grass type flying back, as Chimchar grins in success. As his trainer does.

"Well Kanade, are you ready now?, but now time to get on the offensive!, Chimchar, quickly start up some Scratches as quickly as you can, don't let that Turtwig get into a groove, but if it does get in the shell, show it how hitting a rock feels, by throwing him into one!"

Barry watches as Chimchar prepares to leap into action. At any rate, Turtwig and Chimchar seem pretty even and healthy, in fact neither looks tired at all. At any rate, things are getting good, and as Chatot continues to watch, it seems that this battle is getting a bit of a reaction from curious onlookers...

but what will Kanade do, as Chimchar charges at Turtwig?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Barry watches as Chimchar prepares to leap into action. At any rate, Turtwig and Chimchar seem pretty even and healthy, in fact neither looks tired at all. At any rate, things are getting good, and as Chatot continues to watch, it seems that this battle is getting a bit of a reaction from curious onlookers.

Kanade knew that Turtwig was significantly slower than Chimchar, therefore would not be able to dodge as Chimchar runs towards Turtwig. She had no choice but to switch back to the defensive as she shouted, "Turtwig withdraw!" and hoped for the best.

ooc: eh, I really do not know what to do with battle posts. I kept this one short so I don't get carried away like I did earlier... (sorry about god-moding ;3; ).

Last edited by Kanta on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

(No problems this time, lol)

Turtwig grins before quickly Withdrawing into his shell. Chimchar was a bit too fast to stop, and he screeches in pain as this time he Scratches Turtwig's hard shell. However, with Turtwig still hidden in his shell, Chimchar grins, and goes to toss him. However, he immediately blanches from Turtwig's weight, and while he does toss the grass type, it wasn't as strong of an impact as Chimchar or Barry would have liked, but at any rate, the collision had Turtwig pop out of his shell, a bit hurt from the collision with the rock. Some of the onlookers boo at the move, but at any rate most had kept quiet, enjoying the battle even as the rock has cracks in it, Turtwig grins as he steadies himself again..

At any rate, Turtwig seemed to be in the lead for now, in both energy and health, but Chimchar still doesn't look too pleased. Just what will Kanade do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 pm

"Hey Turtwig, you alright?" Kanade asked quickly as Turtwig steadies himself from the collision with the rock. Despite what has happened, the turtle manages to get back on his feet, and shouted an affirmative to his trainer. She nodded, relieved that there wasn't too much damage from Chimchar's attack. "Alright. run and charge into Chimchar with a tackle. and while it is still knocked off, turn around, and tackle again!"

Barry was not at all pleased at the boos he was receiving from his townsmen, and definitely unimpressed at Kanade's repeat tactics. "Oh that strategy again?" He rolled his eyes, and prepares to shout commands to an unhappy Chimchar.

Chatot, from the rooftop, was definitely interested in what Barry will do next.
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:12 am

OOC: Kanta, if your worried about god-modding, the simple answer is to not give the result of a choice you make. If you say Kanade to touches a door for example, you can't say what she finds inside the door. Giving the outcome is my job, if you remember this simple concept that you can't know the outcome of everything you do, then you'll never god-mod Smile

"Hehe, you think hitting me head on will work again? Silly Kanade - you don't know how I work then...." Barry sneered, "Chimchar, you'll be going for the dodge this round - keep that Grass thing on its toes!"

And so the Fire-type did just that. As the Turtwig started with the Tackle, he spent a little time watching watching it, and then dodged the Turtle with ease. Turtwig, skidding to a halt and turning quickly, tries to catch the Fire-type off-guard, but to no avail as the little monkey dodges the second Tackle with ease. Must have been that collision with the rock earlier that was keeping him from being in tip top shape to make those attacks hit.

"Hahaha! See? Kanade, oh you have so much to learn. Chimchar, now hide behind that rock for now and catch you breath!"

The Chatot on the roof began to look disinterested, and turned its head to show its displeasure in the Turtwig not doing so well. It kept one eye surreptitiously on the battlefield though.
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:10 pm

ooc: ah, okay I'll keep that in mind thanks! and welcome back. =O

She was hoping do some serious damage to Chimchar with two consecutive tackles. Both Kanade and her Pokémon were frustrated that neither of the attacks did not connect. "Hahaha! See? Kanade, oh you have so much to learn." She groaned inwardly, used to hearing that phrase often, and waited to see what Barry would do next. "Chimchar, now hide behind that rock for now and catch your breath!"

Kanade was a bit thrown off when she realized that Barry does not charge head-on in a battle with attack after attack-- which is what she was expecting. Chimchar quickly complied to its trainer's orders, and sat behind a large rock, panting a little.

Turtwig wobbled a little after the two misses. He shook his head to regain focus, and prepared himself to chase after his opponent. Waiting for the next command, he crooked his head towards Kanade.

Her mind began racing as she contemplated her next move. Was she going to be stubborn, and stick to her morals by not attacking (making a cheap-shot move)? Will she just let Turtwig attack anyways? Or is Barry expecting an attack and is readying Chimchar to strike when Turtwig is in range? Kanade took a quick glance at Barry and noticed a prominent smirk on his face, seeing that the battle is in his favor. Other than satisfaction, she could not tell what he was thinking; she was out of bright ideas.

But she won't give up. As if on a whim, she said with her voice shaking a little, "Turtwig, tackle the rock Chimchar is hiding behind!"
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Barry simply sighs as Turtwig bravely charges the rock as he calls out.

"I don't know what's up here but you've ordered something crazy, and I like it. Pity it won't work."

Barry seemed to be prophetic, if for a little while as when Turtwig slams into the rock, it doesn't do anything at first, the small grass type looking visibly pained and stunned as it slumps to the ground, the world spinning after that collision. However, Chimchar begins to laugh, and that isn't too good as the rock falls into pieces, and the fire type is buried under the unintentional Rock Slide.

As Barry screams something unintelligible, all Kanade can do is grin at the luck she had, but at any rate, as Chimchar digs himself out, he's not looking well, in fact he's looking in just as bad of shape as Turtwig, who after that collision is dazed somewhat. It seems that the next round could be the final one, but what can Kanade do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:55 pm

The girl watched in awe as luck was on her side. Just as Barry had said with confidence that her plan will not work, Turtwig managed to put enough force into the rock for it to crumble, and bury Chimchar. The reckless move, however, did a lot of damage to the grass type as he stumbled, trying to keep his balance. Her rival shouted and sputtered, as Chimchar emerged from the rubble. From the looks of its face, it was in just as much pain as Turtwig was, and it was obvious that it suffered some physical injuries from the rock shards.

"Well I'll be..." Kanade remarks uncharacteristically. The grin on her face turned immediately to a grim expression. The battle was in neither Kanade's nor Barry's favor at this point, seeing that the two Pokémon are battling to the point of over-exhaustion. Technically the next move belonged to Barry, but she really could not take that chance. At the same time, Turtwig needed some time to steady himself before commencing another attack. This was a critical decision seeing that the next move could end the battle for her. What will she do? Kanade was definitely in a bind.

Chatot peered over her shoulder from the rooftop and scoffed at her pseudo-trainer. Kanade was wasting too much time thinking.

ooc: I'm leaving it here because I'm curious of what Barry will do (seeing that I can't write that part).
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Barry grins, noticing that Kanade had stopped and he quickly shouts some orders.

"CHIMCHAR, finish it off with a few Scratches, HURRY!"

Chimchar grins, and it seems to be anxious to finish the fight as he Scratches Turtwig hard. Turtwig flies back, and still unsure on what to do, watches as yet another Scratch lands home. However, this one seems to be a scrape to Turtwig, who winces, but is still standing. The same could not be said for Chimchar...

Who has collapsed. The usually loud crowd goes silent, as they wait for Turtwig to see if he will endure. However, as he stares at Kanade sadly, he collapses as well.

The crowd erupts into cheers at the result, as Chatot simply flies around, grinning even before he finally flies off to a house in the distance, as Kanade picks up the exhausted Turtwig. Turning to Barry, she can tell that he was a bit upset as he replied.

"Well then, you just got lucky, but next time it won't be a tie, I'll beat you and that's a promise, it's bad enough that you technically did win, but me and Chimchar will wreck you next time!"

As Barry walks off in a huff, the crowd disperses, and Kanade is simply relieved that everything was calmed down...

Turtwig Gained a Level

you can either travel to Sandgem Town, or stay here in Twinleaf Town

OOC: you would have won outright if you'd attacked, whether from Withdrawing or simply attacking, but it's fine regardless.

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Kanade wish she had more confidence and more faith in her Pokémon. If she had called out just one attack, she could have officially won. Instead, she ended up tying, once Turtwig had collapse after Chimchar did. Overall, she was satisfied with the results seeing that Barry and his Pokémon were quite the tough opponent.

"Well then, you just got lucky, but next time it won't be a tie, I'll beat you and that's a promise, it's bad enough that you technically did win, but me and Chimchar will wreck you next time!" With that, Barry recalls his Pokémon and walks off in a huff.

The crowd disperses, and Kanade is simply relieved that everything was calmed down. She could have sworn she heard him utter "someday," "fines," "gonna pay," as her rival left. She simply winced at the thought of having to pay him-- what? About $5,000,000 now?

Kanade shook her head, and turned towards her Pokémon. "Hey Turtwig, you did great. Sorry things ended up the way they did. If only I were a better trainer..." Kanade trailed off as the grass Pokémon opened his eyes a little, gave a tired smile, before closing them together again to rest.

With Turtwig in her arms, the girl took a few steps leaving Sandgem, only to walk back to the outskirts of town when she realized Chatot flew off somewhere. She scanned the area, hoping to find it nearby.
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Kanade didn't have far to walk, as she notices the Chatot chatting with some other Pokémon that were next to an old man who notices Kanade as Chatot calls out to her.

"Well then little lady, I'm guessing you're the one who found my Chatot? or at least brought him home or something... But I really must thank you, he sometimes wonders off and I don't know where he goes most of the time, and I hadn't seen him for a week. I'm guessing that you are a good trainer for him to train you, and I simply must repay you."

Looking at the tired Turtwig, he grins as an idea pops into his head.

"Wait there dear, I'll get something for that Turtwig of yours, I simply must thank you for what you've done for me."

And before Kanade could reply, faster than he would look, the elderly man had quickly hobbled into his house, as Chatot looks on curiously.

What will Kanade do?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanta Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Kanade's questions of why Chatot was in the general area, was finally answered. Chatot had an owner. Its owner was a nice old man who took acknowledged and thanked her for taking care of his Pokémon. Kanade was flustered, seeing that she did not do much-- Chatot only followed her to Twinleaf.

The girl bowed slightly and before she could say anything, the elder saw that she was holding a Pokémon in her arms. Looking at the tired Turtwig, he grins as an idea pops into his head. "Wait there dear, I'll get something for that Turtwig of yours, I simply must thank you for what you've done for me."

She opened her mouth to say something, but the old man was quick for his age, and disappeared into the house. Kanade looked over at Chatot, then at Turtwig. "Guess it couldn't hurt to wait a little."
Kanta
Kanta

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Kanade was surprised as the old man returned, bearing gifts and a few Full Restores. A few minutes later, Turtwig was back on his feet, and Kanade watches as the man hands her something in a package.

"I can't really thank you as much as you deserve, but the fact is that I used to be a good trainer in my young age. I'm guessing you'll be wanting to go to Sandgem to talk to that Professor Rowan fellow or something, but at any rate, this small gift should be nice, at any rate wait until you get a PokéDex to open it, but I still can't thank you enough, and I wish you well."

Kanade watches the old man walk into the house with Chatot, and with a grin on her face tries to decide where to go next, before deciding that going back to Sandgem would be a good idea.

you can go to Sandgem Town now if you wish, you don't need to go to Route 201 this time

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down