Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunt for Barry!

2 posters

Go down

Hunt for Barry! Empty Hunt for Barry!

Post by Poke_Hunter Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:33 am

When you have received your first Pokémon, you will end up returning here after Barry has challenged you to a match to test out your skills. You thought the fight against those Starly were easy? Well think again, Barry is on a whole new scale of difficult. "And if you're late, I'm going to fine you!" He yells.

You prepare yourself for the inevitable fight to happen early in the morning in the middle of the town. You know people will be watching and cheering on their favourites. This will be a match to remember!

Barry will have a Male Chimchar Lv. 5

Post a new thread here to begin your fight.

Hunter, waking into town with his (unofficial) Shinx and Diglett (Whom he had nicknamed Bolt and Burrower), was getting bored. he had only had one battle so far, and he wanted to know what Burrower could do - he idn' even know it's level, for goodness sake!

"Burrower, just what can you do? And by the way - awkward question, but are you a guy or a girl? I wish I could find out."

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Hunt for Barry! Empty Re: Hunt for Barry!

Post by DTG6407 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:52 pm

As Hunter journeyed into Twinleaf Town with his new companion, a Diglett he nicknamed Burrower, beside him he remembered that he hadn't even gotten the Diglett's gender or level yet. Without a some sort of device, like those PokéDex's, it was going to be a bit of a task to find much of anything out about the Diglett.

"Burrower, just what can you do?" Hunter began to ask as he kneeled down to the small little ground-bound Pokémon. "And by the way - awkward question, but are you a guy or a girl? I wish I could find out." Hunter said.

"Diig... Let?" Burrower said, a bit confused. The little 'mon didn't quite know how to tell him what it's level or gender was.

A familiar voice called out, "Hey!" which prompted Hunter to look up at the incoming Barry as he sprinted away from a nearby building, probably his house, and towards Hunter. Barry skidded to a stop just in front of Hunter where his eyes widened at the sight of a new Pokémon.

"Woah! Is that a Diglett? Where'd you manage to score another new Pokémon so quickly? You don't even have any PokéBalls yet, do you?" Barry said in a barrage of questions. "Actually, it doesn't matter. 'Cause my Chimchar here is way better than that Shinx of yours. Don't believe me? Fight me then, and Chimchar and I'll prove it!"

Hunter did say he was bored. Looks like things are going to get a bit more exciting as he's faced with his first trainer battle with his first official Pokémon.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:41 am

"Woah! Is that a Diglett? Where'd you manage to score another new Pokémon so quickly? You don't even have any PokéBalls yet, do you?" Barry said in a barrage of questions. "Actually, it doesn't matter. 'Cause my Chimchar here is way better than that Shinx of yours. Don't believe me? Fight me then, and Chimchar and I'll prove it!"

Hunter grinned, and said "Oh really? Well, bring it on. Bolt's gonna destroy you and your fiery buttmonkey!" he turned his attention to his little buddy.

"Leer so you get off the mark first, then Tail Whip it in the eye!" He knew if this worked, he would have a large advantage.

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:35 pm

(OOC: Btw, not sure if Dave has informed you yet or not, but I figure I might as well mention it as well. The Shinx line is based off of lions, making Shinx the equivalent of a lion cub in my eyes. I just went along with the whole canine thing a few updates back because I sorta didn't know what a Shinx was supposed to be either lol. Just thought I'd mention it. Lion's are cool too, no?)

"Leer right back at it, Chimchar. Then catch it's tail and Tackle it!" Barry ordered, trying to think a bit strategically.

Shinx started off by shooting a powerful Leer at his opponent whom responded by standing his ground and firing off an equally as powerful Leer right back at him. The two attacks met and canceled each other out as Shinx rushed in quickly for a Tail Whip whereas Chimchar stood idly by, waiting for the attack to come. When it did Shinx attempted a full 360, whipping his tail around at Chimchar's eye when he had done a 180. Chimchar nimbly caught the tail in his hand though, releasing it shortly after the attack had been stopped before ramming his shoulder into Shinx in a Tackle-like attack, sending the lion cub sprawling backwards.

"Good job, Chimchar! Now quickly Tackle it again before Bite-ing down on that tail of it's!" Barry's heart swelled up with pride as he watched his Pokémon execute the intended plan flawlessly.

What will Hunter do?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:44 am

(OOC: If Bolt fails, might Burrower be able to take over?)

His plan epically failing, Hunter was a little annoyed - as was his cub of a Shinx. "Damn!" He uttered, seeing his Pokémon smashed by a shoulder-barge. He was going to get him back for that.

"Good job, Chimchar! Now quickly Tackle it again before Bite-ing down on that tail of it's!"

"Oh really? Leer to put it off Tackle-ing before Tail Whipping it in the eye. Then, when It tries to bite your tail, Tackle into it!" He hoped his buddy would obey - If it pulled this off, Chimchar was going to be in pain.

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:38 pm

(OOC: After reading the TO you probably already know the answer, but no. Technically you don't own Burrower yet, and thus it will not fight for you until you do.)

Chimchar was quick out of the gate with a vicious Tackle attack as he threw his shoulder forwards once again to ram into Bolt for some nice damage. As he did however he soon found himself frozen in fear as the unwavering Bolt stood it's ground and fired off a Leer that pierced right through Chimchar's eyes and down into his very soul. With Chimchar being completely frozen for a few seconds Bolt quickly crossed the remaining distance between himself and his opponent and Whiped his Tail around into Chimchar' eye. Luckily Chimchar managed to gain his confidence back before Bolt could land his attack, and thus he was simply struck in the face as Chimchar went to Bite his tail. Chimchar's eyes shut tight as he was hit in the face, but continued with his attack anyway, his jaws shutting tight around nothing but air. Missing his intended mark, Bolt was a bit ticked and thus finished off the round by ramming into Chimchar with his own Tackle attack, sending the fire monkey reeling back a bit in pain.

Chimchar took some good damage this round and thus Bolt is in the lead by a good bit in terms of health. Energy wise however he is being pushed a bit, and is lower in terms of energy as a result. His breathing is beginning to increase, but still remains unnoticeable.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Hunter was trying his hardest. This kid made very good orders. "Did you take battle studies too? You're good at this, man." Pondering what to do next, he decided to order: "Tackle it, but be prepared to Dodge any retaliation! You're doing great!" He hoped that this would work - if it didn't he would be rather annoyed. And in his first battle as a true trainer, there was no way he'd willingly lose!

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Barry grinned upon hearing Hunter's comment, "No way, I'm all pure, natural skill baby! Now Leer to stop it in it's tracks Chimchar, then Scratch it across the face."

Bolt bolted off towards his foe to Tackle him, as per his orders, but was stopped dead in his tracks much to the delight of Barry whom witnessed his plan work. Chimchar's Leer cut deep into Bolt's eyes and froze him in place, momentarily, before he got Scratched by his opponent's razor sharp claws, sending the little lion cub reeling backwards. He prepared himself for a Dodge soon after, but no attacks came afterward as Chimchar simply sat tight and awaited his trainers orders.

"Haha, nice Chimchar! Now Scratch it two more times. Time to grab the lead out from under them!" Barry ordered, noting that Bolt was now pretty much on par with his Pokémon in terms of health.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 am

Hunter was getting kind of frustrated, to be losing to this kid. "You aren't the only one with talent! You're going down!" Hunter thought quickly, and came up with some orders that he hoped would wipe that smug smile of of his rival's face. "Leer to scare it out of scratch one, Then bring it down with a Bite to the calf. Dodge scratch two if neccesary."

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Hey, long time no update eh? Let's get you rolling again.

Chimchar rushed off for a vicious Scratch attack right across Bolt's face whom simply stood his ground and Leered back at him, hoping to unnerve his opponent. The attack worked as Chimchar felt his blood go cold in his veins, completely petrified as he watched Bolt rush forward with his fangs exposed. By the time Chimchar came to his senses it was too late as Bolt dived for his calf, Bite-ing into it fiercely and 'causing Chimchar to thrash around in pain. As he did Bolt found himself becoming a bit dizzy and as such was forced to let go of the poor monkey whom rushed forwards once again with his claws extended, this time sufficiently pissed and ready to do some damage. As he did, Bolt grinned mischievously as he Dodged, ducked, dipped, dived and dodged every swipe his opponent took until Chimchar finally gave up on the attack.

With the fourth round coming to a close it looks like both Pokemon are getting weary, though it is clear that Bolt is the current victor. What will Hunter do to secure his victory?
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Hunter opened his eyes; He kind of spaced out while the pokemon continued the fight. Barry was impatiently staring at his opponent as if he'd had no response for, more or less, two months. "Oh! Eh... Sorry about that. He decided to quickly think up some orders to end the fight, noticing the fire monkey Barry was using's bad condition.

"Okay, buddy! Let's end this fight right now! Tackle it to the floor, then Bite down hard on it's right arm!

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DTG6407 Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:35 am

"Yes, let's end this!" Barry agreed, "I feel as if I haven't eaten in months! Tackle it right back Chimchar, and Tackle it a second time when it comes in for the Bite!"

Bolt shot off first with Chimchar charging forwards just a split second after. The two gained speed until they finally met in between the two trainers, Barry and Hunter, their respective Tackle attacks colliding and knocking each other back. As Bolt came to a halt and began recovering he was pleased to see that Chimchar was having a noticeably harder time getting to his feet, and just as he was about too Chimchar found himself blacking out and tumbling back over onto the ground.

Chimchar is unable to battle, and Barry is out of usable Pokémon. Bolt and Hunter are the winners. Congratulations!

Level up for Bolt! Err, I'd normally tell you what level the 'mon is and if it's learned any attacks but I'm not quite sure what level Bolt is as of now. I'd appreciate it if you could list your 'mon and their genders/levels in your sig.

Barry snapped his fingers and frowned before taking out his Pokémon's PokéBall. The look on his face clearly expressed his disappointment, though it was strange he was't angry. At himself or his Chimchar.

"Return, Chimchar," He said, aiming and firing his PokéBall at the defeated Pokémon, "That was a good battle Hunter!" Barry started, "Was a bit long though, don't you think? I'm gonna go get some food before I leave town. I'm starving!" Barry chuckled, tossing his PokéBall up and down in one hand a few times before returning it to his belt, "The next time we meet I promise you we'll be stronger, and I promise you I'll defeat you!"

And with that he ran off into Twinleaf Town, presumably back home.

You may now proceed directly to Sandgem Town if you wish.
DTG6407
DTG6407

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke_Hunter Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:26 am

(OOC: He's Level 7 with that new level.)

"Certainly was a good battle. I don't care how long a battle is though; for me it's how much fun I have." Said Hunter, just before Barry left. "Enjoy your meal, bud." And with that, he walked off to Sandgem Town, ready to meet the professor once again.

Poke_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down