Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking the first step

2 posters

Go down

Taking the first step Empty Taking the first step

Post by Salamencia Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:09 pm

You find yourself in a route filled with grassy areas where Pokémon may be lurking around. You are a little scared of the situation and stop for a second to take your bearing and remember which direction Sandgem town is. A split second later, a hasty character races up the path leading out of Twinleaf Town and collides right into you. The two of you hit the ground hard and you hear a voice from underneath you somewhere. "Oi, get the heck off'a me! If you don't get off me in the next 2 seconds I'm going to fine you $1,000,000. That's right, I'm in a hurry here, can't you tell?"

Sal stepped into the quiet, grass-filled Route 201, looking rather taken aback by the beauty and calmness surrounding him. “So this is the Sinnoh region? It’s certainly different to Johto, that’s for sure”, he said, as he thought back to Violet City, where he grew up. He looked around a little, trying to determine which way he needed to go to reach Sandgem Town, and then once again thought back to memories of his childhood. Suddenly, he felt something crash into him. He hit the floor hard, his glasses falling from his face. “Wow, I wonder what that was,” he said, a little shaken, as he picked up his glasses. His question was soon answered, as a person beneath him started to talk.

"Oi, get the heck off'a me! If you don't get off me in the next 2 seconds I'm going to fine you $1,000,000. That's right, I'm in a hurry here, can't you tell?" the mysterious voice said. Sal jumped in shock, and stood himself up, dusting his body off before offering the stranger a hand to help him to his feet.

“Sorry about that, I guess I should be a little more careful. Why are you in such a hurry, anyway?” Sal asked, out of curiosity.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Taking the first step Empty Re: Taking the first step

Post by firewater Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:37 pm

"Heh, because I want to get my first Pokémon, that's why kid, by the way I'm Barry."

Barry quickly sputters off some more off topic drivel before he turns back to Sal.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here before, what's your name anyway- And If you want anymore information from me, including where to go to get a starter Pokémon, you'll have to tell me your name first, so spill the beans."

Sal can only stare a bit dumbfounded at the guy, but it's clear that he won't budge. What will he do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:56 pm

The stranger introduced himself as Barry, and told Sal that he was going to get his first Pokémon. His speech then went a little off-topic for a while, before he turned back to Sal, and began questioning him rather abruptly.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here before, what's your name anyway- And If you want anymore information from me, including where to go to get a starter Pokémon, you'll have to tell me your name first, so spill the beans." Sal was rather surprised by Barry’s personality by this point, but he didn’t seem like a bad natured person, just a little eccentric, so Sal answered his question.

“Uh, my name’s Sal. And I’m from Johto, which is why you wouldn’t have seen me around before,” he said, trying to address all of Barry’s points, before explaining why he was in Sinnoh in the first place. “I’m going to be travelling around here to challenge the Sinnoh region’s gyms. So which direction do I need to head in to get my starter Pokémon, anyway?” he continued, now finding himself eager to start too. It seemed that Barry’s personality was affecting him already, which was unusual for Sal. Then again, he hadn't met anyone like Barry before. Sal smiled as he awaited Barry's response, knowing that the journey ahead of him would be an interesting one.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:56 pm

"Johto then? never heard of the place- but regardless Sal, I guess that you're my rival- you want the same goal as me, but you aren't going to get it at all either. Regardless, It's my duty to show you where to go, so try and keep up- it's not like you'll ever catch up to me."

After finishing his comment, Barry dashes off. However, Sal can still see him in the distance, but regardless he has to get moving. What will Sal do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salamencia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 pm

"Johto then? never heard of the place- but regardless Sal, I guess that you're my rival- you want the same goal as me, but you aren't going to get it at all either. Regardless, It's my duty to show you where to go, so try and keep up- it's not like you'll ever catch up to me," this “Barry” person said in response. Sal was shocked by how quickly Barry took him on as a rival, but also rather pleased that he trusted him already.

I guess this is the start of my first friendship in Sinnoh then, Sal thought to himself. Barry then started walking away, and Sal assumed that he was heading over to pick up a starter Pokémon. “Hey, wait!” he said as he ran over to try and catch up to his new-found rival, onward to what he hoped to be Sandgem Town.
Salamencia
Salamencia

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Sal quickly catches up to Barry, who had tripped- but at any rate he could only point to the sign to Sandgem Town, before muttering.

"Whatever, you won this race or whatever, anyway- Professor Rowan's lab is in town, it's the big building on the outskirts, and see you there."

Glaring, Barry simply rubs his knee as he watches Sal move into the town, remembering a shortcut to Professor Rowan's lab...

Advance to Sandgem Town

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down