Pokémon Revolution - Hoenn and Sinnoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that?

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that? Empty And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that?

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:31 pm

You finally got around the mishaps trying to get yourself a new partner Pokémon, managed to beat Barry, and now it's on to bigger and better things! You step into the grasses ahead, looking to try and get further north, and no sooner do you take that step you hear a mysterious voice. "Hey you! Yes, you there with the funny look on your face. I've got something to show you." she says. You look up, and see the girl who's wearing a pink mini-skirt, a small black dress over the top, followed by pink almost knee-high boots and the cutest white beanie you've seen in a while. She has an inviting face and you move to talk with her.

In order to proceed through Route 202 you must first deal with this girl. Who could she be? Post a new thread to begin.

PokéDex in hand, Dave made his way out of Sandgem Town to the north. While the sea to the south of the city looked enticing, the fact that Dave lacked both Poké Balls and his trademark fishing gear meant that there was very little he could do there right now. Perhaps later...

As Dave walked on, with a spring in his step, he looked down to see Turtwig have the same kind of bounce as he walked. "I'm so glad we're officially partners now, Turtwig!" Dave said, unable to contain even the most obvious of statements. "Well, since we've got this little toy now, why not put it to use?" With that, the new trainer took out his encyclopaedia, and scanned his Starter with it.

"Turtwig: The Tiny Leaf Pokémon. Photosynthesis occurs across its body under the sun. The shell on its back is actually hardened soil." The machine cooed in the standard female tone. A picture of the Grass-type appeared, before brightening, indicating that this species was owned by the trainer. Various other statistics were displayed, such as height and weight, and showed that at Level 7, Turtwig still only knew the basic Tackle and Withdraw attacks, though Dave was sure that would be enough for now. It also read out that Turtwig had a Calm nature, the ability of Overgrow, and was male.

But something else was bothering him. "Come to think of it... Turtwig. That's a bit bland, isn't it? How about a more original name?" The chelonian seemed intrigued at this. Dave started thinking of names, recalling what the Grass-type starter of Sinnoh would eventually evolve into, before recalling his favourite book series, about a flat world carried on the back of a giant turtle...

"A'Tuin." he said. "How's that? After the Great A'Tuin, bearer of the Discworld." Turtwig looked to be pondering, before nodding, smiling at being christened.

"Turrrrrt-wig!" replied the newly-named A'Tuin. Dave smiled.

"Fantastic. Well, A'Tuin, shall we find that assistant the Professor was talking about?" With another nod from his new partner, they set off.

After a few minutes, they reached a patch of long grass. Dave instantly shifted to being alert, and he say A'Tuin did too out of the corner of his eye. They remembered that encounter with the Starly down on the Lake. "Right-o, steady as she--"

"Hey you!"

Dave stumbled, almost face-planting the ground, before whipping round to see who had spoken.

"Yes, you there with the funny look on your face. I've got something to show you." Dave found the owner of the voice, and it was a young-ish girl, who was wearing a black-pink minidress, pink boots, and a white beanie, with a red scarf to wrap up the season-confused attire. Minidress AND Scarf? Dave, of course, was more interested in her hair. Blue hair.

Blue good.

Righting himself, the trainer looked around, to make sure she wasn't addressing anyone else. Sure that she wasn't, he took a few cautious steps toward her, A'Tuin following slowly.

"Well... I'm assuming you meant me. Hello." Dave said, while A'Tuin facepalmed again at his trainer's lack of confidence. "Are you Prof. Rowan's assistant? He told me to come out here to find you."
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that? Empty Re: And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that?

Post by firewater Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:06 pm

"Well, yes I am" the mysterious girl states, a bit confused at Dave's behavior, she doesn't really say much, other than to point at a light in his pack.

She simply stares at the light for a second, before pointing towards it and asking.

"Now, before I tell you anything else, what is that light in your bag? I hope it was nothing important, but the fact is I'm guessing that the professor has sent you here. At any rate, before this conversation ends, I guess you should know my name. My name is Dawn, what is yours?"

Dave is a bit confused at the girl's actions, but regardless he's somewhat curious as to what this girl was instructed by Professor Rowan...

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that? Empty Re: And so the adventure begi-- wait, who's that?

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Dave looked round to see a glow fade from his pack. Confused, he swung it off his shoulders, before focusing on his audience.

"Oh, my name's Dave. Professor Rowan just gave me a PokéDex and my first Pokémon." at which point he indicated the smiling Turtwig next to him. "Nice to meet you, Dawn. Although, I think something just happened. Anyways, what was it you wanted?"

As he spoke to the girl, Dave opened his pack, wondering what had happened within.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Dave is a bit surprised, as the egg in his hand glows , and as the Pokémon within first forms into a moon, Dave and A'Tuin are surprised to see as a Male Cleffa pops out from the egg. Everyone stares in stunned silence, as Cleffa mutters a soft "Cleffa?" Congratulations, you've hatched a lv.1 male Cleffa with the moves Pound, Charm, and Egg Move Mimic!

what will Dave do?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 am

Dave blinked at the small creature now nestled within his pack, before smiling.

"So you must be what was in that egg!" said Dave, stating the obvious yet again. "Hey there. We don't get many Cleffa in this Region. I'm Dave, and this is A'Tuin, nice to meet you."

As much as Dave wanted to officially catch the little baby, he didn't have any Poké Balls to do so. Hopefully this could be fixed soon.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Dawn gasps at the cute, and rare Pokémon to the region as she begins to talk.

"Well, that's the cutest thing I've ever seen- OH WAIT, that's right, that other guy, Barry got those PokéBalls from Professor Rowan, but he forgot to tell me to give you some, so here you go, one for that cute thing, and then 6 more. But I guess, once Cleffa is in his ball, we can get to buisness. To explain, pretty much I'm Professor Rowan's assistant... who's very forgetful, as he also gave me your trainer's starter check too, of 2000 PokéDollars. Anyway, I'm here to teach you how to catch a Pokémon for yourself. So once everything is taken care of, what do you say to getting started there?"

Dawn grins as Cleffa begins walking around, sitting on top of A'Tuin's shell and poking at his head...

What will Dave do?

2000 PokéDollars, 6 PokéBalls get.

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 am

Smiling, Dave took the objects from the girl. "Thanks a bunch, Dawn." he said, before taking one of the balls and nudging the little Normal-type with it. The Cleffa was instantly converted into energy, and sucked inside. The device wobbled for a moment, and then was still. Dave smiled some more.

"Fantastic! Right, come on out, Cleffa!" the new trainer exclaimed, releasing the baby once more. Cleffa looked around, somewhat puzzled, before hopping back onto A'Tuin's shell. The Turtwig sighed, but didn't seem too annoyed by the new addition to the team.

"Right, let's take a look..." muttered Dave, fumbling with the PokéDex. The machine scanned Cleffa, before giving its readout:

"Cleffa: The Star Shape Pokémon. When numerous meteors illuminate the night sky, sightings of Cleffa strangely increase. " It announced. Another picture, this time of the Baby appeard, brightening to indicate ownership. Other stats included that this Cleffa was Level 1, having just hatched. It knew Pound and Charm, standard attacks, but Dave noticed that it also knew another attack, Mimic. It also said Cleffa was male, had the Magic Guard ability, and had a Modest nature.

"Well, welcome to the team, Cleffa." said Dave, before thinking. "Hmmm... you need a proper name... how about Pix? That sounds cool, eh?"

Cleffa seemed to smile at the name, bouncing up and down on A'Tuin's shell. The Turtwig sighed again, but didn't complain. Dave smiled at the two, before standing up.

"Thanks a lot for that, Dawn. I'm ready to get started now, if you are?"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 pm

At any rate, Pix was a happy joiner to the team, but regardless, Dave seemed confident as Dawn grins, before pointing towards a small grassy knoll off of the path somewhat, and after leading Dave there, finally explains a bit more.

"Now, here I'll show you how to catch a Pokémon, but at any rate, it isn't too difficult. Simply put, you use your own Pokémon to catch a different one, as so. Now Kricketune, I need you now!"

As the bug type appears, Dawn grins before noticing a small Bidoof nearby.

"Now Dave, just watch for a bit, as this shouldn't take too long, anyway- the easiest way to catch a Pokémon is to weaken it, but not knock it out. But I'll show you how to first."

Dave is more than a bit anxious as Dawn quickly orders Kricketune to attack, and Dave can only stare as the bug type quickly Slashes hard upon the normal type, who doesn't take this lying down, and quickly Tackles in response. At any rate, things seem to be exciting, as the Pokémon trade blows. However, as a soothing Sing lulls the Bidoof to sleep, a lot of other noises seem to tremble through the forest, even as Dawn calls out a final attack.

"Now Kricketune, False Swipe, then leave it to me!"

Suddenly, a group of Pokémon appear, or at least you can see a few watching you. However, to your surprise, Dawn doesn't throw a PokéBall, rather tosses a Oran Berry at the Bidoof, who eats the berry and quickly leaves for the undergrowth.

"Yes, I didn't catch it, but that's because I have a Bibarel of my own already. Either way, pretty much, that battle did two things. It showed you how things work, but at the same time it attracted some Pokémon with the noise. But that's enough from me, let's see what Pokémon popped up from the racket I made."

As Dawn points to the various bushes, and areas teeming with Pokémon... the only decision left to Dave was where to go. He notices that some of the area was plentiful of trees, while other areas had fewer trees but more grass. At any rate, it seemed that at any direction, a new Pokémon was sure to follow. so which way would he choose?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Dave and A'Tuin watched the display intently, while Pix just seemd happy to flick the leaves on the Turtwig's head.

Throughout, Dave found his attention drawn to the group of wild Pokémon that had appeared, before returning to the show in front of him. Once the Bidoof had fled the scene, he listened to Dawn, before checking the areas in front of him.

"Wow, thanks a lot for that, Dawn! I'll be sure to remember the tips you gave me. Now... where to go?" the trainer pondered, before feeling a nudging at his ankle. Looking down, he saw A'Tuin pressing his head against his leg, before nodding in the direction of the area planted with trees.

Dave nodded, before walking on, A'Tuin trotting after him, with Pix riding on the Turtwig's shell. He turned to wave at Dawn, before heading into the trees.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Insidious_Dreamer Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 am

Walking towards the tress in the distance, Dave left the path for Jubilife City and headed out on his own. The grass was inviting and warm which was surprising for the region. But he had other things to worry about. And he was after those rustling bushes that were of much interest to his new friend A'Tuin (OCC: original name Razz).

As he got close, one of the rustles from the bushes was thrown out of the bushes. It was a Bidoof! Startled and a little afraid the Bidoof ran behind Dave's legs. The thing was practically shaking. What in the world was going on in there?
Insidious_Dreamer
Insidious_Dreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:14 pm

{OOC: I know right d: Also, good to see you back man <3 feel free to update my banner when you can ;]}

"Hey! What the--" Dave was practically knocked off his feet as a Bidoof rocketed between them. Steadying himself, the trainer looked down at his feet, where the little Pokémon was cowering, looking at the bushes it had just escaped from. Curious, A'Tuin walked over to the new arrival, talking to it calmly.

"Turtwig? Turt, Turtwig?"

"Bidoof! Bi! Bidoof-doof!" The newcomer replied.

"Wiiiiig... Turt, Turtwig!" A'Tuin stated. Dave had no idea what was going on, but Pix slid off A'Tuin's shell, prodding and poking the Bidoof's fur. A'Tuin headed on over to the bushes, before motioning for Dave to follow. The trainer stooped, heading into the bushes, his new entourage following, but having no idea what was waiting for him.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Dave simply follows A'Tuin into the bushes, but he's pretty shocked as the Turtwig is sent flying, courtesy of a very angry Shinx, as Pix flies off of his shell, not really hurt, but shocked by the action, before she begins to tear up.

Bidoof wimpers behind you as the Shinx angrily shouts at him, but as A'Tuin steadies himself to fight, the Shinx appears to just get angrier and angrier before she was going to charge at the Turtwig. At any rate, A'Tuin wasn't really affected by the Intimidating glare, but Pix begins to cry, more scared than hurt as the Bidoof continues to try and dig a hole behind you, completely terrified. Dave isn't entirely sure what's going on- but it's clear to see that this Shinx was far beyond reasoning, and their only avenue was to fight.

What will he do?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Dave gasped as his Pokémon were sent skittering away, an aggravated Shinx bursting from the undergrowth to attack. As his partners were assaulted, Dave could do naught but watch on, as the lion cub launched into a tirade at the Bidoof, who cowered behind the trainer's legs.

Noticing movement, Dave say A'Tuin rising to his feet, glaring at the Electric-type as he adopted a battle-ready stance. Pix, meanwhile, was launching into a crying fit, bawling his eyes out. Having assessed the situation, Dave decided there was only one way out of this: Fight.

Kneeling down, he scooped up the Cleffa, holding him to his chest, attempting to comfort him. "Shhhhh, it's ok Pix, it's ok. A'Tuin and I will show that mean Shinx a thing or two. And it'll show you how to battle, too!" He said, attempting to cheer up the wailing baby, whose tears seemed to stem a bit, as he looked on. Looking back at the action, Dave's gaze hardened somewhat as he flicked out his PokéDex to scan the creature.

"Shinx: The Flash Pokémon. The extension and contraction of its muscles generates electricity. Its fur glows when it's in trouble." cooed the device.

"Right, an Electric-type. Ok, Shinx, I don't care what's wrong with you, or why you're angry, but no-one attacks my Pokémon and gets away with it. If you want a battle, we'll give you one!"

The Shinx didn't even seem to care as it ran toward A'Tuin, who seemed more than eager for some payback.

"Right then, A'Tuin, it's likely gonna Tackle you, so Withdraw to take the hit. Follow it through with your owng Tackle, show it who's boss!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Things are pretty heated, as Shinx wasn't really looking at A'Tuin, but rather the Bidoof behind them all. At any rate, she certainly wasn't looking at A'Tuin and her Tackle collides with his shell hard, stopping the attack cold and angrily growling at A'Tuin as he charges with his own Tackle. Dave notices that Bidoof snickers as the Shinx was sent flying, but neither of his Pokémon do, A'Tuin isn't paying much attention due to a painful Bite that Shinx performs to his leg, but at any rate the battle rages on.

It seems that Shinx looks a bit worse off than A'Tuin, but at any rate both still have plenty of energy and health to burn...

What will Dave do?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Dave couldn't help but grin slightly as the Bidoof sniggered, which was obviously infections. Absent-mindedly rocking his Cleffa, he winced as A'Tuin sustained a hit, but he knew there was plenty of fight left in his starter.

"C'mon A'Tuin, don't take any of that nonsense! Tackle her! Then again! But if she comes back in, Withdraw to take the hit!"
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Things go well, as the two charge at each other again, but at any rate, A'Tuin really wasn't able to follow his trainer's orders entirely as Shinx goes in for another Bite, ok that's false, but the turtle Pokémon simply Withdraws into his shell as Shinx screams in rage from her teeth chipping on the armor. Regardless, Pix is the only one to notice Bidoof slinking back into the bushes, which everyone else seems to be into the battle.

Fortunately A'Tuin is still somewhat fresh, but at any rate Shinx isn't in as good of shape, but both are ready to fight, if a bit more tired than before. What will Dave do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 am

Dave smiled as Shinx' attack met solid shell, this looked to be almost in the bag. "Great job, buddy! Double Tackle, we can do this!"

The trainer then felt Pix tapping his arm, and noticed something wrong, looking around behind him. "Hey... where'd that Bidoof go? Odd."
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm

No one seemed to mind, as Turtwig and Shinx collide in yet another barrage of Tackles. However, it seems as that Shinx wasn't looking that well, or wasn't into the battle, as she seems to hear something, which gives A'Tuin the chance to catch her off guard and slam into her with another Tackle. As Shinx falls to the ground, near the end of her battling rope. A'Tuin feels a bit elated, but as Shinx struggles to get up, there isn't much time.

What will Dave do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Dave's heart leapt as A'Tuin landed another hit, the Shinx slumping to the ground. Dave pondered for a moment on what to do next, before deciding, pulling a PokéBall from his belt and expanding it.

"Right then Shinx, you've had enough. Poké Ball, let fly!" he cried, throwing the sphere forth toward the creature.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 pm

A'Tuin grins as the PokéBall envelops Shinx, who doesn't really struggle. As the PokéBall clicks, Dave grins as Shinx is recorded...

Congratulations, you've caught a Level 3 Female Shinx, she has the attack of um... Tackle.

As the trio celebrates their new catch, they don't really have much time before Dawn reappears.

"Wait, did you already catch a Pokémon already! That's great Dave!"

Dave is a bit embarrassed by the entire situation, but as the bushes rustle, Pix murmurs warily as quite a few Bidoof appear, but some have something that appears to be blood on their teeth. Dave isn't sure, but the fact is that he doesn't reconize any of these Bidoof, and as the one that he had seen reappears, it blanches before it quickly starts to chatter to a much larger Bidoof before pointing at you. At any rate, these carnivorous Bidoof are a bit more than pissed, and even before A'Tuin stands defensively in front of you, Dawn has also released a Lopunny and Mothim from a PokéBall before whispering to Dave.

"I hope that your Pokémon can still fight, but those Bidoof look angry. Actually, i can help you a bit, if you can deal with the main one, I can keep the rest of them busy, but it's only if you are up to it. Just tell me if you are willing to try it. I was hoping for you to catch a Bidoof, you see there have been reports that a group of Bidoof have been going around attacking anyone, and it seems that you took their latest prey. At any rate, are you ready to fight?"

Dave simply looks at the situation, but he has to decide quick, there's about 6 or so Bidoof, but the one he'd have to deal with looks nasty, it's easily a head taller, but unlike the others it isn't too worried about Mothim or Lopunny... so what will Dave do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Dave was overjoyed to catch the Shinx, but the mood was quickly destroyed by the arrival of several more Bidoof, looking like they'd escaped from the set of some new B Movie. He quickly attached Shinx' PokéBall to his belt, before getting ready for a fresh battle. A'Tuin seemed still raring to go, while Dawn's Pokémon got ready to fight the rest of the Bidoof.

"Ok Dawn, we can do this. I'll take on this main one, won't we, A'Tuin?" he said, confidant in his Turtwig's abilities. "Start off strong, buddy! Double Tackle!" he called, as the chelonian sprang into action.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:47 pm

the lead Bidoof grins at A'Tuin, who looks somewhat, but not very winded as he drowns out all sound, even the screams of his comrades who are blasted away by energy beams behind him. He only focuses on the Turtwig, and vanishes in thin air as the Turtwig had nearly slammed into him.

Dave was surprised as Bidoof had vanished, and had no time to call out to A'Tuin before the Quick Attack slams into the Turtwig for solid damage. However, as A'Tuin charges again, Bidoof fakes to go one way, then another, but this time A'Tuin slams into him for a strong hit.

As Bidoof slides backwards it seems that he took solid damage, but still is looking better than A'Tuin, and grinning with his bloodstained teeth, he charges again, vanishing in a burst of speed from a Quick Attack.

As Dave and A'Tuin have lost sight of the Bidoof, there wasn't a lot of time to respond, what would Dave do now?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Dave blinked, somewhat unnerved by the speed of the assault launched by the Bidoof. With an incoming Pokémon, there was only one response.

"A'Tuin, give it one fast Withdraw, knock it back! Then exact some revenge with another Tackle!" the trainer cried, in an attempt to spur on his friend.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by firewater Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Things are interesting, as A'Tuin was quick enough to shield himself before the blow hit home, but as he's sent skidding across the ground, it really showed his exhaustion, especially as the two, Bidoof and A'Tuin I mean, charge each other in a Tackle dogfight. The two collide, but as they fly back, A'Tuin is far slower to get up, looking quite beaten now as Bidoof gets up again. However, it seems that the other Bidoof had fled, and now Dawn's Lopunny was using Jump Kick or something to launch them into the air. At any rate, it was up to Dave to finish this fight, but could A'Tuin last long enough?

What can Dave do?

firewater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveTheFishGuy Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Dave realised his Pokémon was really struggling, before quickly remembering something. He pulled an Oran Berry from his pack, before throwing it to the Turtwig. "Here ya go buddy, that should keep you going." He said, knowing he could do nothing else now while A'Tuin scoffed down the treat.
DaveTheFishGuy
DaveTheFishGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next